Markit Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 1, 2017

2.9

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Markit (Boulder, CO) in June 2011.

Interview

I interviewed at Wall St On Demand in June for a jr to mid level software developer position. The beginning of the interview process went very smooth, was contacted and setup for a phone interview, and a day later they called me back to setup an in-person interview.

I took the time off work to go to Boulder and interviewed with 3 developers. The 3 developers were very kind and the interview itself went very great. They gave me a 3 part test that was to be hand-written.

Here's where things go downhill. After the interview we shake hands and go our separate ways. A week goes by and I have yet to hear anything from WSOD, or even receive an email. I give them a call to see the process of my application, because even if I don't get the job I would at least like to be informed of it. I speak to a lady there and she told me that they were very interested and most likely just going through the paper work necessary. This made me very hopeful and I was very excited.

Another week goes by and I get a call back from WSOD from a different person, and this time he gives me the same speech as the lady before, that they are still interested, and that I'm still in the running but it could be 1-2 more weeks. Fast forward one week, and the same guy calls me back and tells me once again it could be another 1-2 weeks but I'm still a candidate. 3 weeks later and I'm writing this review and I have still yet to hear back from anybody over at WSOD whether or not I received the position. This is very UNPROFESSIONAL way to handle hiring someone.

We are not talking about a CEO position here, this is a low level position that shouldn't require this much paper work. If they were not ready to hire someone within the near future, they should have not posted the job application on the internet. Not only that, but if they aren't ready to hire they should not keep stringing the interviewee along by saying they are interested multiple times instead of just saying "We found out we don't have the resources to hire anybody right now. Our Bad."

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Markit (Boulder, CO) in June 2011.

Interview

The hiring process is pretty standard. Expect a technical grilling and a solid team to do so.

Interview Questions

• Try to build an elevator on a whiteboard from an OOP paradigm and a marker.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay is the worst part, so brace for it and prepare to be strong in what you want.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Markit (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

one phone interview and met 2-3 developer and manager. During the phone interview he asked a few technical questions and a puzzle (something about a number of people crossing the river).

I was offered a job right after meeting the development manager. Very quick and efficient process.

Structured Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Markit (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

The process consisted of two interviews. The first was general, focusing on behavioral questions. The second was more technical.

Analyst - Credit Data Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Markit (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Interview consisted of a brief "technical" test using an Excel spreadsheet. Basically just "if" statements and vlookups. Then I spoke with two different people (a VP and an MD) who basically just took time to get to know me. No typical behavioral interview questions "i.e. what are your strengths? weaknesses?".

Environmental Registry Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Markit (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

First-round interview on campus with HR VP. Second round interview was at NY office - two back-to-back interviews with VPs from different departments. Perhaps because of the nature of the position I expressed interest in, the questions were pretty soft and not as quantitative as I prepared for - mostly questions to see if you researched the company, knew a few things about financial technology, etc. Usual soft-ball questions about why you're interested in this field, etc etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was a summer internship - no negotiation process involved.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Markit (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

This was the company's largest intern class, and as a rapidly expanding company, they were trying to revamp the internship process, so there were kinks to work out. The interview consisted of some fit questions, but a lot of technicals - primarily about credit derivatives. There was an initial phone interview and then two 1:1 interviews back to back, both of which varied greatly.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Where do you see yourself next year?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. Take it or leave it.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Markit (Boulder, CO) in February 2011.

Interview

1. Phone interview(mostly C++ questions)
    2. C++ Skills Test
    3.Couple of 1:1's.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They don't negotiate and pay much less for beginners.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Markit (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

Communication skill of the interviewer was very poor. He was not able to clearly convey what he was trying to ask. Adament attitude.

Junior Feed Integration Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Markit (Boulder, CO) in May 2010.

Interview

Telephonic interview in the first round. Was then called on-site on two occasions. First was given a paper based test and 30 min were allocated for that. Techical rounds face to face for the next two hours, mostly related to the resume. Second time on-site visit included techical interview along with the company's CTO and few behavorial questions. Was made an offer within the next week of the second on-site interview

Interview Questions

• Unexpected process: Paper based test that required 3 programming questions to be answered and only 30 minutes were allocated.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me the offer; tried to negotiate on the salary, company was not flexible. Accepted the offer