Marks & Spencer Interview Questions in Glasgow, Scotland | Glassdoor

2.7

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Shopping Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Similar process explained in this web. An initial casual chat. After that a role play. In my case, I had to attend a customer who wanted celebrated a party with international ready meal. I advised about the different products. I constantly asked , Can I help with anything else?. I offered wine and soft drinks. Advised about the delivery service. After that, an extensive interview with all kind of usual questions.

Interview Questions

• What does a good customer service mean for you?   Answer Question
    • Tell about a time where you persuaded someone to make a decision   Answer Question

Customer Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

After passing the online questionnaire, I was offered an interview at the store. The staff was very nice and chatty and they made me relax and feel comfortable. The first part of the interview is a role play, if you are successful then there's the second part of the interview which is approximately 10 questions. At the end the person left the room and came back telling I had the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Role Play. Customer looking to organize a party and was very confused. Had to detail offers and make suggestions of other products. Had to memorize products on cards before a 5 minute review. A load of nonsense. And they weren't offering the job I had applied for in the advert. Poor.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Easiest interview I have ever done, just a few questions about my availability and flexibility and one about what i'm passionate about. nothing else. got the job on the spot, I'm guessing they were desperate! I think we were supposed to go through some kind of role play scenario or something but they decided not to do it for some reason. there were several other applicants on the same day as me too.

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to complete the personality and scenario questions and whatnot straight away, which was good because it meant I didn't have to wait forever hearing back from them. I was told immediately after completion that I had passed and to book an interview slot. My interview was in a weeks time at 2pm.

I dressed smartly, and was told to go to the customer service desk to let them know I had arrived. The customer service desk was not advertised on the store maps anywhere and I had to ask three different members of staff where it was until I eventually found it, so thankfully I was not late for my interview.

I waited for around 20 minutes until a lovely woman came and collected me, and she made me feel very at ease and I no longer felt nervous about my interview. I was taken to a small room with a desk and a woman was waiting for me to do the role play assessment. It was about selling swim wear costumes and I was expected to upsell other products and recommend the home delivery service or similar products. I passed this part of the interview. The woman that assessed me left and brought in the store manager to interview me further.

I was then asked around 8/10 rather tricky interview questions, but I was well prepared before I came for my interview and had had experience in other jobs and I was therefore able to answer them well. I passed and was offered a role there and then.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was just asked what hours I could work and if I was flexible.

Visual Assistant/Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Submitted CV online. Received telephone call to arrange face to face interview.

Walkround and review four sections, two in womenswear and two in menswear.
    Pull three looks from a preselected rail. Dress one mannequin and talk interviewer through each outfit. Outfits preferrably linked by a theme. Some final questions and info about the position. Salary £6.80 - £7.30 - very low for the role. Total interview time two hours.

Interview Questions

• Why M&S? What unique contribution would you make to M&S?   Answer Question

Cafe Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Firstly an extensive online screening process, consisting of cafe knowledge questions, personality questions, etc. Once passed this stage, was asked to choose an interview date. At the interview, I was given another cafe knowledge test, typical competency based questions and a role play exercise where I had to advise the 'customer' on a work lunch she was planning and suggest items to serve. I then met the department manager who asked some similar questions. The main interviewer then came in and offered me the job. it was a very involved process but it wasn't too difficult, it was quite enjoyable actually so don't be put off by all the questions.

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in March 2011.

Interview

The initial stage was an online test (pyschometric) which did ask some fairly obtuse questions. Quite time-consuming. This was later followed by face-to-face interview and role play. The role play was quite awkward, but required me to take the position of a sales assistant in foods helping someone to cater for a baby shower. By referring to current promotions and using my initiative to suggest items which I knew from personal experience, I was marked favorably. Although successful in the process, there was not a role available with hours which suited my education commitments. I was then contacted and offered a position around 8 months later.

Interview Questions

• How are you when working under pressure?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in October 2010.

Interview

It's basically a role playing exercise with the interviewer being the customer and you being the customer assistant. Beforehand, hey give you a problem written down and they give you separate bits of information for you to work out the solution to the problem in ten minutes. It's pretty easy as I passed it twice without really thinking too hard. You pretty much just connect all the obvious dots that's laid out before you.

Interview Questions

• Not really any difficult questions, just normal questions about yourself and work ethic.   Answer Question