Marks & Spencer Interview Questions in London, UK | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.6

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England (UK)).

Interview

During the online application, before actually applying, you are taken through questions about teamwork and customer service. The face-to-face will include basic interview questions as will as a role play.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you've had to made a difficult decision?   Answer Question
    • During the role play, you act as an advisor helping a customer solve a situation.
      This could range from finding a product that the store doesn't have or helping them plan a party.
      (The role plays change regularly)
      Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Manager took me upstairs. There was a roleplay that you had to memorise cards for. Basically something is out of stock. I found a solution for the customer but they didn't put me through to the actual interview as I didn't show enough personality or didn't upsell £100 worth of stuff

Customer Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

it was a group interview . we been 5 people in a group. we did ask to demonstrate some group task. example pass the product knowledge among the group member. And do some customer care job exp. explain the best way to the customer about the product and services credit policy, refund policy etc.

Interview Questions

• If a customer gets upset about your store service what u will do ??   1 Answer

Cafe Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online, which is a simple application and some questionnaire. A short mathematical section and a 'most/least like' me section. After you receive an email to pick a interview slot. The interview was fairly calm, just some questions about previous work experience, why you want the job etc

Software Engineer - Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

A telephone interview with basic questions about M&S, your CV, and why I applied for the program. The interviewer was friendly and the questions were easy.

The assessment centre had a group case study exercise where we were asked to read a brief and create solutions before presenting them as we would to management. Following this, there were one to one interviews following up on CV questions and motivation. Finally, a quick coding exercise tested whether we knew the very basics of coding i.e: Object orientated design and unit testing.

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Firstly, I applied online and completed the application form as well as the tests. I was later called for a telephone interview. After that I was invited to the group assessment which was a 1 day event including interviews with a panel, group exercises with scenarios and finally a coding interview. It was all very well organised and executed.

Interview Questions

• My code was very messy although it worked, so they asked me what would I do differently to make it more scalable and modular?   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clapham, London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Clapham, London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Initial assessment (written) with multiple choice answers to a number of possible scenarios. Follow up role play interview where I was given 10 minutes and some fake product and offer information, followed by a customer who wanted an out of stock item that I had to place an order for them and try to promote an offer alongside the sale. Final interview with common interview questions

Interview Questions

• Why M&S? A time you have shown integrity or innovation or inspired someone?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very quick and simple

M&S Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marble Arch, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Marble Arch, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I was met by the assessor and she talked me through the assessment process. She read from a sheet of paper basically explaining the rules to the first half of the assessment which is role play.
     I read through the materials given to me so I could get a better idea of what I was expected to do.
     I was given five minutes to do this and when the time was up the assessor came back into the interview room as my "customer" to begin the roleplay assessment.

My customer was looking for a suit jacket that was not in stock and needed it that day because she had an interview the next day. I offered her alternatives such as if she would buy the clothes in another size/colour or if I should call another store nearby to check if it's in stock and I also tried telling her to order it online and pick up at a nearby store etc. When she eventually accepted one of my alternatives I managed to suggest that she should purchase a shirt with her suit jacket and included a "buy one, get one half price deal" to persuade her to do so.

After the role play assessment had finished I was given a question sheet to fill out asking me : what I thought went well and why, what I thought didn't go well and why &what I would do next time?
    When I had finished the assessor collected the question sheet from me and we discussed my performance and what I did and didn't do well.
    When the assessor had finished the discussion she went to call the sectional manager who would take the 1:1 section of the interview with me.

He came into the interview room giving me a warm smile and a friendly handshake, taking a few minutes to familiarise himself with me then we settled into the questions. After he had finished asking me a few questions he went to meet the assessor to get feedback on my roleplay assessment and came back to give me my fairly good news.

All in all it was a fun experience and not half as scary as I assumed it would be. All the staff were very kind and warm to me and gave me little need to worry or feel nervous about the process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with M&S?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

The usual pre interview process - applied on line, passed the tests, was sent a slot to apply on line for an interview. Arrived at the store. Checked in at Customer services. Somebody came to meet me and take me to the interview room. They told me it would be role play to start and gave fairly obvious hints about what I was required to do and what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• What do you think an M&S customer expects from a Customer Service Assistant?
      Tell me a time when you've influenced someone?
      Describe your journey here today
      Is there anything that might make it difficult for you to work here, work extra hours/days etc
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Went in, firstly did a roleplay about some ham where the one the customer wanted was out of stock, they basically give you something to read for 5 minutes, and then you have to help the customer find alternatives, it was a bit difficult but you just have to smile and be gentle and kind - and you'll be fine! After your roleplay they till you if you've passed or not, if you've passed then it's the interview. =

Interview Questions

• they ask you about four I's, individuality, independence, initiative and intelligence. and how you've shown these in your life - basically try to give a sensible answer but don't long it out. They ask you about your availability.   1 Answer