Marriott Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marriott Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Dec 2, 2016

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marriott (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

I applied internally and was asked to interview a few days later. They follow the STAR method of interviewing. My future boss asked for a specific situation and wanting to know how I resolved it. I had worked at the resort for a few years by now so I used that experience in my interview. Giving examples of helping customers/clients is a plus.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Marriott

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott.

Interview

You will have to apply online, then the waiting game starts. If your resume is picked, you will get a phone call from the recruiter who will set you up with a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then they'll ask you to come in to meet with different people to interview with. They have a list of questions to ask such as "how you managed to resolve a last minute task" or "how to deal with co-workers who are not personable". A lot of "Can you think about a time when...."

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott.

Interview

Submitted resume and was contacted in 2 days for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Hiring manager asked questions about situations at your previous job and you had to answer in the form of STAR.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marriott.

Interview

Applied online through Marriott's website, received a phone call from department head. Preliminary discussion over phone about job role/expectations, my basic background, etc. Set up an in-person interview, many standard questions (Tell me about yourself, Describe a situation when you...) and a great overall interaction with the department head and hiring assistant. I interviewed on a Wednesday & the position was to be filled on that Friday. Called the interviewer for follow-up on Friday (had emailed on Thursday morning) and was not selected for position, but my resume was passed along to the GM for future consideration

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a situation when you didn't have enough time to get everything done"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

star interview with 2 managers one in person and one on the phone. they asked me five star interview questions and wanted me to answer in the star format. they let me take my time and collect my thoughts when answering and they offered me the job very quickly within an hour after my interview.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marriott (Chicago, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

Very simple and comfortable. No stress. Very laid back and casual. The management seemed very friendly and easy going. Asked how I would handle irate customers, being asked to work overtime and how flexible I would be with changing shifts.

Interview Questions

• My past experience. How would I handle different situations. How flexible I am.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott (Bethesda, MD) in November 2010.

Interview

The hiring and interview process happened quickly. The professionalism should be adopted by other companies. Whether you are hired for the job or not, the recruiters do follow ups, to avoid and applicant waiting by the phone

Interview Questions

• What has been your most challenging experience, either personal or professional   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, the salary was set, and I accepted

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott (Bethesda, MD) in March 2010.

Interview

Marriott's environment was very friendly. The people there understood the culture that Marriott works so diligently at portraying. Interviewing was relatively at ease, and the computer testing was run-of-the-mill. Follow through, regarding contact about the next steps, was lacking, as I called for weeks on end, but had no response. Finally, after about three (3) weeks of persistence, they told me that the position had actually been cancelled.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a call form them in a few days and arranged for an interview. The interviewers were friendly, prompted to tell stories associated with the answers, all in all the interview was about 30min. I got a call back after about a week, letting me know I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Marriott?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott.

Interview

The process took over a month. The corporate office was slow in returning calls and completeing forms with the local on site team. Aside from that, it was impersonal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there wasnt one