Marriott Assistant Director of Finance and Accounting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marriott Assistant Director of Finance and Accounting Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott (Boston, MA) in November 2012.

Interview

On campus two person interview, one asking questions, the other writing answers/notes. Second round is an "on-site" interview at a Marriott hotel. Single interview with two people, however this time they both ask questions. After the interview there was a benefits overview and free lunch (from the hotel which was excellent).

Interview Questions

• Questions mainly pertained to self-motivation; working under pressure; team environments; being a leader, etc. Very typical entry-level finance questions. There were some minor technical questions on understanding basic accounting finance concepts, but nothing you shouldn't know.   Answer Question

Too much variability in where you could be located after completing the 3 month training program.

Other Interview Reviews for Marriott

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marriott (Washington, DC) in November 2011.

Interview

Marriott uses the STAR process to assess you different experiences. Interviewee should have an answer for each section. The interviewee should also have a strong handle on the what the day to day responsibilities of the job will be.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to make a hard decision that not everyone on the team agreed on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott (San Diego, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Interviewed on campus with a director and assistant director of finance from a local hotel. Mostly behavioral questions and scripted from a list. I asked them about their background and why those chose private over public accounting and agreed with their reasoning. Took about an hour. A week later, I got an email from HR saying I passed the first interview and had to take an hour long personality/management test. A week later I got an email from HR saying they were flying me to Denver, CO for final rounds interviews with the Area Director of Finance. We were placed in the City Centre hotel for 2 nights with all expenses paid (flight, room, meals) and the next morning we had an hour presentation on HR, culture and administrative responsibilities. Then all of us took turns with a panel interview with the Area Director and the Director of Finance of that particular hotel. Questions were behavioral, but way more intense. They grilled you for more details and it was scarier than the campus interview. Lasted about an hour and then I was flown back to CA, to receive and offer email a week later. What a pleasant surprise!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate the salary, but there is no pay difference for bachelors or masters degree. Pay also depends on region/location. HR threatened me saying it's supply and demand due to the recession and that if I try to negotiate, they have other candidates on the waitlist eager to take my position.

Assistant Director of Finance and Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marriott in November 2011.

Interview

Interview was basically behavioral questions which they wanted to be very specific. Also spent a long time having me ask some questions. People seemed interested in me and said they loved the culture.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example where you had many things going on at the same time? How did you management them?   Answer Question