Marriott Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marriott Director Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2016

2.4

Director Interview

Interview

The interview process was not overly difficult. It was pleasant and the interviewer made sure you felt comfortable. There were no surprise questions and it was not a stress interview. They asked Marriott HR required behavioral questions that followed the STAR format. The dress code is business casual, so you might be the only one wearing a suit.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Marriott

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Marriott (Bethesda, MD) in July 2013.

Interview

Found the process to be unnecessarily drawn out and not terribly productive or insightful. They've basically been sold a corporate bill of goods by their "HR professionals"... sort of a CYA system called "The STAR System." When implementing this system the HR folks are basically left off the hook if someone were to not work out. I met with countless individuals over nearly 4 months time and oddly enough, never met with a single individual within my specific discipline. I found my recruiter to be incredibly insulting from the git-go and also a bit lazy and condescending at the same time.

Interview Questions

• It's all based on "The STAR System." A series of questions that all begin with "Can you recall a time when you..." In truth? Had I really been willing to do absolutely anything to get the job? I just would've concocted works of fiction with the painfully obvious desired pat answers.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Marriott (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Strong business leaders in the organization; recruiting process seems to be changing --- for the better. Opportunity to perform case study for candidates moving to the final phase of interviewing (depending on department).

Interview Questions

• What critical thinking skills would you bring to the organization? What type of culture do you enjoy and how have you impacted culture in your previous roles?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott (Bethesda, MD) in June 2009.

Interview

It was a typical interview. While I'd done my homework, I found it not a challenge. There were questions around strategy, vision and leadership.

Interview Questions

• What is your vision for the position.   1 Answer
    • What is my view of leadership?   1 Answer

The salary.

Director Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott in December 2010.

Interview

Interviewed for two Director positions. The first step is a basic phone interview with HR with basic questions on your background (i.e. walk me through your resume), why Marriott, availability, and salary requirements. Next step was 1-1 interviews with the number of interviews varying based on the group. For the first position, I only met with HR (typical behavioral interview) and the hiring VP (mixed behavioral and functional/experience questions). For the second position, I seemingly interviewed with the entire group having met with 9 people from Directors to VP's and a rep from HR. Interviews were mostly behavioral and the process seemed a bit unorganized as most of the interviewers asked the same questions. There was also a 2nd round of interviews for those who passed through. Having 10 interviews in the 1st round in a single day seemed to be unnecessary.

Interview Questions

• HR - Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult coworker. What was the situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe your leadership style?   Answer Question