Marriott International Interview Questions in Arlington, VA | Glassdoor

2.7

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott International (Arlington, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

Met with Operations and Supervisor and then Manager. Asked questions that probed at personality assessment. After passed 1st interview then met with GM and offered a job same day.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when did something at work that was not asked of you?   Answer Question

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Arlington, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

Its a basic interview with two people interviewing you. One asked the question the other wrote down the answers. Once your done they will usually call you in 2 to 5 days telling you if you got the job. I was yold i got the job that day though.

Loss Prevention Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Arlington, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

S.T.A.R. question format. If not familiar, basically performance/behavioral questions as to what you have done or what you would do in certain situations. A good way to evaluate potential employees.

Interview Questions

• Question: Describe a time when you disagreed with a co-worker and what did you do to arrive at a resolution.   Answer Question

Regional Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Arlington, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

A highly scripted process was in place when interviewed for a Sales position. The overall scenario and interaction felt very sterile - quite unlike the natural rapport building that happens in sales interactions - and in most Marriott interactions, inside and outside HQ. The process appeared to feel uncomfortable for the panel of interviewers as well. I wonder if they learn what they really need to know about a candidate to judge their capabilities for a job?

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult selling situation you encountered in which you were unsuccessful.   1 Answer

Offer was for a lower level position at 50% of my current salary. It felt insulting.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Arlington, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

When Applying all people must apply through Marriott's Website which will filter you, If you want to get noticed, You must call the department manager of the position you are applying for and introduce yourself. You can get their email easily, and send them a nice note. Anything to set yourself apart, make sure you ask questions about specific processes i.e. Guest Surveys and how the hotel is ranked. These are important to managers. Its also important to ask about coworkers, come with a notepad with some questions, wear a shirt and tie at minimum, ask about the types of guests the hotel caters to this is important.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses? *this was worded a bit differently but same idea   1 Answer

Negotiation

Although I attempted to negotiate I believe Corporate sets the pay scales, I am a very good negotiator unfortunately you would have to apply for a different job to start off at a higher wage. Embassy Suites offered me a job as well which I declined and paid more, had very comparable benefits, I chose Residence Inn for the people who I spoke with I loved the Managers I started with

Events Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Arlington, VA) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process wasn't bad at all. I was able to get hired on the spot. The application process on-line was the longest ever, but surely worth it. The HR Department made for smooth sailing and was very helpful and most importantly, on-site.

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott International (Arlington, VA) in January 2007.

Interview

Came in and they asked some general questions. Tell me a time when you had to complete a difficult task. What did you do? How will you react when you disagree with a manager? Are you available 24 hrs per day and be on call?

Interview Questions

• What will you do when you disagree with management?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle stress?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, take it or leave it offer.