Marriott International Banquet Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marriott International Banquet Server Interview Questions

Interviews at Marriott International

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Overland Park, KS) in April 2013.

Interview

When I went in for my first interview I had class later and the manager was late because I could not for the life of me remember her name and the front desk didn't know which manager I was supposed to interview with but at the second interview I was told that if it was up to her I would be hired on the spot. So it was pretty fun. Although they do drug tests and background checks. When everything came back crystal I was told that if I still was interested in the job it was mine.

Interview Questions

• In school or work what was a kind of problem that you had and had to have help to solve it and how did you go about asking them for help?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Marriott International

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott International (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Had to talk to multiple managers, HR about the same thing over and over again. Its a great company to work for, the only downfall is that management doesnt get paid much. So there is no desire to move forward.

Interview Questions

• Typical, standard: where did you work and etc   1 Answer

Banquet Server Interview

Interview

Quick interview, asks for schedule/availability, not many questions...asks when you can work etc.Hired immediately....next day taken to office to sign paperwork online. Staff and boss nice. Later get uniform and name tag and apron and tie and tie clip

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in Erlanger, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Erlanger, KY) in February 2014.

Interview

You fill out an application online on the Marriott Website. Then you have to meet with the HR representative and department manager for an interview. After that they have you take a online test their aptitude test.

Banquet Server Interview

Interview

Great experience. I was able to do all 3 of my interviews in 1 day. I met with the banquet manager, the head of the department, and the general manager of the property. Received a tour and did not have to sit around waiting for anyone.

Negotiation

I started at $13/hour with an increase after 6 months and and another after a year. by my 3rd year I was making $17/hour

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

It was fairly quick and easy. They were looking for someone that was confident and well dressed. Just stay calm and relaxed and you will get it. They also only as like 5 questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had a rude customer and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Colorado Springs, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

After applying, the person in charge of banquets will review your application and if they feel that you are qualified for the position they will contact you for an interview. The interview took place in the lobby of the location in which you applied after the head of banquets was called from the main desk.

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International (La Jolla, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I waited in the lobby with 3 others waiting to interview. The wait wasn't long. I was first interviewed by Human Resources. She was very friendly and that made it easy to talk to her. It made me feel good about the company that they were willing to hire people without prior experience. I then was handed over to the manager of the department for which I applied. He also was very courteous and easy going. The whole process might have taken an hour. I felt pleased with the experience at the end.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Banquet Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

I had an interview with Banqueting Assistant Manager, then with Banqueting Manager and after that with HR coordinator. Was invited multiple time to the property. There was a time gap between the 1st and 2nd interviews for around 3 weeks. Later they apologized and invited for the 2nd one. Positive experience in general, good people, great HR team, excellent support!