Marriott International Interview Questions in Bethesda, MD | Glassdoor

2.8

50 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager, State Government Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International (Bethesda, MD) in September 2017.

Interview

Overall great experience, recruiters contact you for a phone screening then you are potentially recommended for an in person interview with the hiring manager. The process was a bit drawn out, but that was communicated to me.

Analytics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

A very long and drawn out interview process.  I applied to the job and was not contacted until about a month after my application was submitted.  I was first contacted to schedule a phone screen which consisted of answering some behavioral questions with a third party recruiting company.  After that, I was scheduled for an in-person interview which consisted of meeting with two separate senior directors.  The recruiters for Marriott do not do a very good job with communication.  I had to ask multiple times for more details on the interviews.  For example…time, location, etc.  Very basic stuff.  And this was all before I had even met with the company.

I found Marriott to have a very odd interview format for this role, as they were trying to get a feel for my technical skills without actually providing any sort of technical assessment (case study, skills assessment, etc.) For example, they asked me to name the most complicated SQL query I had encountered/written, rather than just asking me to write some SQL.  Outside of that, they asked me to list some of the projects I had worked on, and asked follow up questions on those cases.  The role sounded very odd, as it would be between two teams, and would shift managers after about a year in the role.  I didn’t do a great job in the interview, but also decided that the role wasn’t the best fit for me.  After this, the recruiter contacted me after about a week and said that they were still deciding, and she should have an answer for me by the end of the week.  A MONTH LATER the recruiter contacted me and said that they still hadn’t made a decision.  Two weeks after that, she contacted me and told me that they had closed the position.  I would not have been offended if they had decided to reject me for the position, but the fact that they left me hanging for a month and a half was incredibly unprofessional.

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Bethesda, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

It was the STAR method questions. After you get asked to talk about yourself the whole interview will be the STAR method questions, about 5-8 questions so just prepare for those!!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your transition from high school to college, what was most difficult and how didu you get over it?   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International (Bethesda, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

15 minute interview with recruiter then full interview on site. No response from contract recruiter - terrible protocol when I took the trouble to go in for face to face - had to follow up twice as other offers on table

Senior Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Bethesda, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone screening with the recruiter. This was followed up by face to face interviews on 2 separate days. This was due to unforeseen circumstances. I was interviewed by two people on both occasions. The entire process took approximately 6 weeks from the first call to the start date.

Interview Questions

• They're basically STAR interviews. For example, talk about a time that you encountered a problem with another employee and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International (Bethesda, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied to general internship program and was contacted over email about three weeks later to set up a phone interview. I participated in one phone interview and was offered the position over email two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Can you give us an example of a time you had to work with a difficult team member?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marriott International (Bethesda, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

I was initially contacted by departmental HR because of previous work I'd done with the division. They recommended that I apply for a new position being offered. After electronically submitting my application I was then contacted by Marriott's recruitment team who set up a screening phone interview where they asked me basic situational STAR questions from past work experiences and why I would be an ideal candidate for this position. I then had an in-person interview with the position's hiring manager. Even though I was all but given the job offer during the interview, there was some lag time with the recruiter getting back to me with an offer. I had to follow up with the hiring manager, who was told that the hold up was because of lagging reference replies.

Interview Questions

• Recruiter Screening: Why would I be an ideal candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International (Bethesda, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume online through Marriott.com, and then was contacted a few weeks later by a recruiter to fill out additional documentation and to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager.

The phone interview was primarily hypothetical questions about how I would handle different scenarios I might encounter as an analyst.

A few months after the phone interview, I received an automated email that I would not be moving forward in the process.

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Bethesda, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

After submitting my resume and application on Marriott's job website, I received a call the same day from the HR Director. She asked a few more questions and then scheduled an interview for the next day. The next day I came in person and had three interviews - one with the front lobby manager and a front desk manager, one with the operations manager, and one with the general manager. Really great experience, the best interviews I've ever had - I felt really taken care of and listened to by people I hadn't even worked with yet, and I felt that all my questions for them were answered thoroughly. I would recommend checking out and trying to get an interview with Marriott - the experience is valuable!

Interview Questions

• Lots of "tell me about a time when _____," "tell me about yourself," and "why should we hire you?"
      As long as you submit a detailed resume for them to look at prior, and you have prepared a lot, you should be fine.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager-Associate Relations HQ Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Bethesda, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online via their career page, was contacted shortly after to schedule a phone interview. Had a phone interview with their in house recruiter that lasted about 30 minutes or so, was mostly all behavioral -STAR based questions and I did very well on the phone interview. I was contacted less than a week later via phone by a recruiting coordinator to schedule a 2 hour in person interview consisting first of a panel interview and then a 1 on 1 interview and received a confirmation with further information only the evening prior to the interview. The in person interview was a great experience, the HQ is beautiful recently renovated and the panel consisted of 3 people all members whom this position would be working closely with. Each member asked 2 behavioral based-STAR format questions and they made it a comfortable process and I was able to ask questions as well. The 1 on 1 interview was a great experience as well and was 5 additional behavioral based-STAR format questions with a couple of other random questions thrown in there. Everyone was very personable and what was a difficult interview was made much more of a comfortable process.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with Terminations   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you had to deal with difficult employee/client, what was the situation how did you respond and what was the result   Answer Question