Marriott International Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

2.9

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Marriott International (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was greeted in the lobby by 3 department heads then escorted to an interview room complete with complimentary bottles of water. All 3 had a plesent and professional demenor. They took turns asking me questions and took notes from my responses. I asked several questions of them at the conclusion of the interview as well. The entire interview process lasted 45 minutes. I was informed I was the first candidate to be interviewed and should not expect to hear anything for another 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe an occassion when you provided exceptional service to a guest?   Answer Question
    • What makes you the best candidate for this positon?   Answer Question

Event Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Emailed back and forth a bit, but scheduled a good time to go in and interview. They use the STAR method where they only ask about your behavior at past jobs so don't waste time reading their mission statement or preparing why you would be a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you did something other than what a client asked you to do.   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Boston, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

Hiring managers are very friendly. They ask you behavioral questions and expect detailed stories to answer their questions. I went through three interviews in two days and was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked through a hectic or stressful situation?   Answer Question

Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott International (Boston, MA).

Interview

initially was the phone screening, I was invite for a face to face interview where I was asked the normal interviews questions star style , motivational questions , problem solving , underpreasure.
    and I had to take a telephone call just to pretend to answering politely and confident and smiling tone

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no really was a telephone call to testify your telephone manner

Global Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marriott International (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interviewer asked a lot of situational questions and had a poker face on all the time. There was also one other lady who was jotting down notes. Overall, Marriott needs to do a better job with their interviews as it seems like to tedious job for the interviewers.

Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by all supervisors and the directors of security and the general manager of the hotel. Openly discussed prior experience and expected job qualifications and duties. They allowed to open ask questions and take notes and answered and explained everything thoroughly. Overall it was an easy interview. You don't have to feel nervous at all.

Interview Questions

• Which one of your prior experiences do you think will be the best for you to do the current job functions?   Answer Question

Sales Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott International (Boston, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was given a call for an interview a few days later. I then Interviewed with two people via SKYPE. The interview questions were all situational experiences that occurred in your past. I was then given a call the next day with an offer. It was a fairly easy process

Front Office Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Boston, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

Marriott uses an interview process where two people interview you together. They ask very specific questions and are looking for very specific examples, not generalities. You are rated on a scale which they do not divulge. The interview lasted about an hour. Each interviewer took lots of notes. It was a little intimidating at first. The General Manager and Asst. General Manager performed the interview.

Interview Questions

• Give a specific example of a time you went above and beyond to help a guest or co-worker.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. Marriott is a massive corporation. There are pay grades depending on the position and size of the hotel. They do offer benefits.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Boston, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

Initially slow in response from the HR Department, it took several days to receive a follow up call. I did not receive a response back to e-mail correspondence. I was interviewed twice for the position and was informed that HR would follow up. After several weeks I did not receive a response so I presumed that I was not considered.

Assistant Director of Finance and Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Boston, MA) in November 2012.

Interview

On campus two person interview, one asking questions, the other writing answers/notes. Second round is an "on-site" interview at a Marriott hotel. Single interview with two people, however this time they both ask questions. After the interview there was a benefits overview and free lunch (from the hotel which was excellent).

Interview Questions

• Questions mainly pertained to self-motivation; working under pressure; team environments; being a leader, etc. Very typical entry-level finance questions. There were some minor technical questions on understanding basic accounting finance concepts, but nothing you shouldn't know.   Answer Question

Too much variability in where you could be located after completing the 3 month training program.