Marriott International Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 16, 2016

3.1

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I was initially called and phone screened by the hiring manager. Two weeks later, she called saying she wanted to meet me in person. Met at the hotel in person where I was asked the behavioral interview questions. Then met another team member. I was then called back for a third interview with the director of the department and the former occupant of the open position. Ultimately, I decided the role was not for me, just from learning more about it in the first interview and decided not to further pursue the position and subsequent interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to do a special project and what were some of the obstacles you encountered.   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was contacted within 1-2 weeks to do a survey, next was a phone screening with a 3rd party recruiting company and lastly an in person interview. The entire process took about a month from the date I applied to the date I started.

Be prepared for just about all situational/behavior based questions. If you aren't familiar with the STAR/CAR process, then familiarize yourself with it and you will be successful in an interview.

I rate the interview as negative because in my opinion, the STAR/CAR questions don't allow for people to genuinely express the things they've accomplished nor does it allow the hiring manager to truly get to know the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to balance competing priorities and how did you handle this?   Answer Question

Banquet Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott International (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Had to talk to multiple managers, HR about the same thing over and over again. Its a great company to work for, the only downfall is that management doesnt get paid much. So there is no desire to move forward.

Interview Questions

• Typical, standard: where did you work and etc   1 Answer

Rooms Operations Voyager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Chicago, IL).

Interview

LONG. Had 3 interviews, was flown to a destination for a final interview with all the other finalists from different schools across the region. Accommodations were paid for and were very nice. As long as you have your STAR method down to a science, you will do fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed, how did you overcome.
      Tell me about a tie when you contributed an idea, what was it and how was it received by the team.
      1 Answer

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

I filled out the application online and around 2 weeks later. I was called to schedule an interview. The interview was with the hiring manager and a front desk associate.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went out of your way to help a customer?   Answer Question

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was asked to answer the STARS questions. They based off of behavior and experience. There are usually 5 competencies they will ask you questions in. I was asked 2 questions within each one.

Interview Questions

• Describe your favorite customer service moment?   1 Answer

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott International (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with the operations supervisor, then operations manager, and lastly interviewed with the general manager. They asked questions and stated what would be expected of me if offered an opportunity. All in all the interview took about 45 minutes and it was very easy (although I did prepare) with standard questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult guest or situation?   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by Supervisor, Director and an HR Rep. Very nice people and a good over all experience. They asked very good questions and seemed very interested in what I brought to the table. I can honestly say that as far as Hospitality industry is concerned this place is a cool place top work. Just wish the pay was more.

Assistant Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marriott International (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

The process was long and frustrating at times. A lot of steps and waiting, but worth the wait. I had several interviews and I was a transfer within the company but not the hotel. My networking did the most for me.Who I knew at the new hotel and who they knew got me the job.

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Chicago, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

One call with a recruiter, one phone interview with hiring manager, one in person with hiring manager, one with the gm and dhr. As with all interviews, it was behavior based as well as citing specific examples that applied to the situation. You need to answer in well thought-out STAR answers.. Wavering from this won't fare well for you

Interview Questions

• Tell me abound a time you had to handle an employee complaint   1 Answer