Marriott International Front Desk Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 10, 2018

2.4

143 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Brentwood, TN) in September 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by both the Operations Supervisor & the Assistant Manager. They took me to a table and the AM asked about 8 questions while the OS transcribed my answers onto a piece of paper.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a difficult customer & how you handled it? What is your greatest accomplishment or something you are proud of that you did while working?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Marriott International

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marriott International (Orlando, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

the interview questions are based on your prior work experience for example tell me about a time when you had to overcome a challenge what did you do how was it done what was the end result

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marriott International (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by the manager and the supervisor at the same time. They were both pleasant and asked a lot of informative questions. Questions were not geared towards the position being interviewed only. They were amicable and genuine.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you've overcome adversity   Answer Question
    • How do you respond to a challenging coworker.
      Not verbatim, but reminiscent.   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

Interviewed with Human Resources then with department managers/direct supervisors. Very easy, I am still writing just because of the 30 words minimum requirement. If you have experience working in a customer service industry handling different customers or complaints, I think you will be okay.

Interview Questions

• How do you describe customer service?   3 Answers
    • How would you handle / what would you do if (insert situation here) ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marriott International (Miami, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

took about 20 minutes and they were very nice and very specific about what they where looking for and my responsibility at work all the time it was face to face and very organize

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Albany, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

the hiring process was smooth and great and the My GM was a cool guy who always was there to here his employee concerns in the facility. From the time I had the interview with my GM i knew this was my job and my team was amazing. we worked together and assisted each other out when ever there was an issue

Interview Questions

• what was your hourly pay in previous employment?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Amherst, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

the hiring process is easy. Thas all you have to do is explain the previouys positions you have had and how you have dealt with impatient and angry customers. Explain the step by step process on how to take care of disapointed guest.

Interview Questions

• Describe your Strengths and Weaknesses?   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Interview

I was told to apply online and as soon as i did i was sent an email to set up a good time for an interview. We met on the property and sat in the lobby. One of the supervisor's interviewed me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott International (Alexandria, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

The Interview was smooth and exciting The management where ever informative. I got the chance to meet with the front office manager and the gm all in the same day.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 3 years   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Meridian, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott International (Meridian, ID) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online through a 3rd party. Front Office Supervisor responded with an interview opportunity the next day. When I arrived, I was asked to fill out an employment application prior the interview itself. First met with Front Office Manager, who inquired about my experience and availability. Immediately after, I spoke with Assistant General Manager who further elaborated on experience and availability. Spoke one final time to the Front Office Manager, whom inquired on what positions/times/days I would be available/willing to work. Discussed job details (shifts, break, lunches, time off, etc). Was given a drug-test screening form and my first day was the next week.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with multi-line telephones/customer service?   1 Answer
    • Explain, in depth, a time when you had to deal with an upset/challenging guest or customer.   1 Answer