Marriott International Front Desk Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marriott International Front Desk Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Marriott International

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Kokomo, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott International (Kokomo, IN) in July 2015.

Interview

the interview went well. The questions pertaining to my customer service experience were good. Overall the interview was positive and encouraging. I was hired the same afternoon. I love the energy I'm surrounded by.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a guest complaint?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Marriott International

Front Desk Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

Applied and was called an hour later for an interview. I thought the interview went well, my issue was the woman seemed kind of fake in her responses to me. Told me I wasn't allowed to call out sick, there's no real breaks on the job, and they wanted to cross train me in the kitchen. I started to realize how different her description of the job and the online posting was. I declined the offer.

Interview Questions

• If there were there was a big line and your coworker was in the back texting, what would you do?
      What activities do you enjoy in your down time?
      Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?
      Tell me about a time you succeed?
      What would your supervisor/friend say about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott International (Gainesville, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

Brief, Generic, Star questions.- Mostly based on how you look. The interviewer took a look at my resume and how I was presented and then hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Q:Are you willing to work weekends
      Q:What shifts can you work
      Q:Is this start pay okay   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in Merced, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Merced, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Just a few questions about past experience. the managers who interviewed me were really nice and welcoming. I turned in an application and then they called me for an in person interview and eventually got a call from them a few days later

Front Desk Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

I got called right away, a day after I submitted my application and wasset up for an interview the next day - this depends on who your manager is.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you to give specific scenarios about personal experiences regarding customer service and dealing with difficult people   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Bethesda, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

After submitting my resume and application on Marriott's job website, I received a call the same day from the HR Director. She asked a few more questions and then scheduled an interview for the next day. The next day I came in person and had three interviews - one with the front lobby manager and a front desk manager, one with the operations manager, and one with the general manager. Really great experience, the best interviews I've ever had - I felt really taken care of and listened to by people I hadn't even worked with yet, and I felt that all my questions for them were answered thoroughly. I would recommend checking out and trying to get an interview with Marriott - the experience is valuable!

Interview Questions

• Lots of "tell me about a time when _____," "tell me about yourself," and "why should we hire you?"
      As long as you submit a detailed resume for them to look at prior, and you have prepared a lot, you should be fine.   Answer Question

Front Desk Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marriott International in June 2014.

Interview

Pretty easy interview process. Interviewers were not completely forthcoming with job description. But the process was fairly easy and it did not take up much of my time. From hiring to start time was longer than I had hoped for.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where a guest has completely trashed their room?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Saint Paul, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first, basic work experience questions and availability inquiries. Two person at location interview, basic "what would you do" scenarios and "describe a time you..." type thing. Overall not a hard or strenuous process, a lot of questions to see if you have a good attitude and the appropriate skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a disagreement with a manager and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Woodland Hills, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Operations manager and front office supervisor conducted the interview. Asked some questions regarding what I would do if x situations occurred. Asked about who I am and what I want in my future.Laid back, very nice. Opportunity to ask questions. It was a really relaxed interview process.

Interview Questions

• How have I handled a difficult customer in the past?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2008.

Interview

I was contacted by telephone after applying for a position on a different property. I had a total of three interviews, all of which were fairly short. They were actually looking for a full time desk clerk, but when I mentioned that I'd been on overnight shifts for several years at my last job they indicated that the managers had recently discussed hiring for a part-time overnight position. Of course, I jumped on that opportunity.

This property seems very casual compared to other properties I have seen/stayed at as a guest. It's a friendly environment and the management seems very professional, yet most seem a tad inexperienced. The general manager seemed to be trying to talk me out of the position for most of my interview with him. He went on about how I would need lots of computer knowledge (which I have) and then about how the computer system was very old and maybe not so user friendly. I explained to him that my dad has been programming computers for 36 years and how my first computer had a 10 3/4" floppy drive... and Dad taught me how to write my own programs (since this was when Microsoft was just a twinkle in Bill Gate's eye). This seemed to ease his mind a little.

Overall, it was pretty much a cakewalk.

Interview Questions

• Truthfully, I don't even remember the questions they asked me. Nothing was overly hard, though. Something along the lines of "Tell me of a time when you made a mistake on the job and what you did to fix it".   1 Answer