Marriott International Front Desk Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 3, 2017

2.2

50 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Front Desk Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

Applied and was called an hour later for an interview. I thought the interview went well, my issue was the woman seemed kind of fake in her responses to me. Told me I wasn't allowed to call out sick, there's no real breaks on the job, and they wanted to cross train me in the kitchen. I started to realize how different her description of the job and the online posting was. I declined the offer.

Interview Questions

• If there were there was a big line and your coworker was in the back texting, what would you do?
    What activities do you enjoy in your down time?
    Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?
    Tell me about a time you succeed?
    What would your supervisor/friend say about you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Marriott International

Front Desk Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

I got called right away, a day after I submitted my application and wasset up for an interview the next day - this depends on who your manager is.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you to give specific scenarios about personal experiences regarding customer service and dealing with difficult people   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Bethesda, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

After submitting my resume and application on Marriott's job website, I received a call the same day from the HR Director. She asked a few more questions and then scheduled an interview for the next day. The next day I came in person and had three interviews - one with the front lobby manager and a front desk manager, one with the operations manager, and one with the general manager. Really great experience, the best interviews I've ever had - I felt really taken care of and listened to by people I hadn't even worked with yet, and I felt that all my questions for them were answered thoroughly. I would recommend checking out and trying to get an interview with Marriott - the experience is valuable!

Interview Questions

• Lots of "tell me about a time when _____," "tell me about yourself," and "why should we hire you?"
      As long as you submit a detailed resume for them to look at prior, and you have prepared a lot, you should be fine.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Merced, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Merced, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Just a few questions about past experience. the managers who interviewed me were really nice and welcoming. I turned in an application and then they called me for an in person interview and eventually got a call from them a few days later

Front Desk Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

Two step process but within same day. Met with Front Desk Manager for a variety of questions then she brought the hotel General Manager in for the interview. Interview was pretty long in terms of a "basic" position. I was there for about 2 hours which was pretty draining because it seemed like I got hit with question after question. Very professional and conversation flowed nicely between topics and questions. I was asked a lot about personal aspirations and where I see myself in the next 5 to 10 years. I learned a lot about the company as a whole and that there are a lot of internal opportunities to grow within the company.

Interview Questions

• How do you balance your life among work and other outside activities?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation on hourly pay. I am not good at this personally but I believe that it would be VERY easy to ask for a higher pay than they start out stating because in most cases, they WANT or NEED the position filled.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott International (Bloomington, IN) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewed at Courtyard by Marriott.They made a very low offer of $7.75, which is not a living wage in this city. I have a bachelor's degree in tourism and hospitality management, and I have over three years of hotel front office experience with good references. Yes, I'm an immigrant and a woman, but $7.75 is ridiculous. Even McDonald's and Walmart pay more than $7.75.

Interview Questions

• Will you work for $7.75 an hour?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Woodland Hills, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Operations manager and front office supervisor conducted the interview. Asked some questions regarding what I would do if x situations occurred. Asked about who I am and what I want in my future.Laid back, very nice. Opportunity to ask questions. It was a really relaxed interview process.

Interview Questions

• How have I handled a difficult customer in the past?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Paramus, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

Very casual, phone interview within about 24hrs of resume submission. We verbally agreed upon an in-person meeting for the upcoming week, and when I showed up, I was kept waiting for close to 20 minutes. Turns out the manager I was scheduled with, did not even begin working up until an hour after I was scheduled to interview (think, 2:00pm interview time, and 3:00pm tentative manager arrival time.) Another, non-interviewing manager came up and attempted to essentially stall, and asked me twice if I could wait. By that time, I found the lack of professionalism a massive turn off. I can only imagine how awful they must be regarding employee's time if they are not even careful enough to schedule interviews when they are actually in-office. So I thanked them for their time and left.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you have dealt with a difficult co-worker?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Saint Paul, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first, basic work experience questions and availability inquiries. Two person at location interview, basic "what would you do" scenarios and "describe a time you..." type thing. Overall not a hard or strenuous process, a lot of questions to see if you have a good attitude and the appropriate skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a disagreement with a manager and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott International (Gainesville, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

Brief, Generic, Star questions.- Mostly based on how you look. The interviewer took a look at my resume and how I was presented and then hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Q:Are you willing to work weekends
      Q:What shifts can you work
      Q:Is this start pay okay   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.