Marriott International Front Desk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marriott International Front Desk Interview Questions

Interviews at Marriott International

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

I appointed an interview online, so we set everything up. The day came and I showed up. It was all good. Just try to be yourself and don't be nervous. It's all gonna be okay.

Interview Questions

• Q. What makes you a good fit for marriott?

Q. Tell us about an example where you solved a customer problem?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Marriott International

Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

laid back interview, with AGM and GM, standard questions, got job 4 hours after interview, hurting for people. Not much went into screening me, just show promise and you'll get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott International (Sarasota, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

good, and quick, very easy, not much was asked in order to get this job. just remember to stay calm and dont worry about what happens at the end.

Anonymous Employee in Plainview, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Plainview, NY).

Interview

It was a 2-3 phone call process before receiving a call back for an opportunity to set up a face to face interview. I sat with the General Manager Marj Monty & the Front Desk supervisor Corinne Haas. They asked me a barrage of questions, including different scenarios that I may encounter for their own personal experience and wanted to know my thoughts on everything. They allowed me to answer all the questions and never made me feel uncomfortable. They were actually very warm and inviting and that was the complete opposite of what I expected. This was my big break in the Hospitality industry and probably my most memorable interview ever. I'm am appreciative for them both and will always be friends with them :-)

Interview Questions

• How would I deal with an unhappy guest?   1 Answer

Front Desk Interview

Interview

Was hired on the spot. They really liked me. The guy and I just seemed to get along. Once I got there though, I realized I was hired because it became clear to me they needed some serious help with their customer service standards.

Interview Questions

• What is a bad quality about yourself   1 Answer

Front Desk Interview

Interview

I was referred by a manager at a nother hotel and i went in for the interview but i gues my inexperience was a major fail for them. I was told that they would call to let me know but they never called. So if they tell you that they will call you back its most lickly a bad sign.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stafford, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Stafford, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

I went to the job fair announcement for front desk clerks to work at a new Marriot Courtyard. The interview went very well. The person who interviewed me was positive and friendly. I could not have asked for a better person to conduct the interview. I did get a follow up telephone call to ask if I was still interested to which I responded yes. I applied for both the front desk and night auditor.

Interview Questions

• I was not asked any unexpected or difficult questions.   1 Answer

Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

Applied online through hcareers and was contacted 3 weeks later. Was invited for an interview that same day and I was interviewed separately by two different people. I was invited for another round the following week for another two separate interviews on the same day. A third and final interview was set up for two days after my second interview to meet the GM.

Questions were very personality and experience oriented.
    Asked to give lots of examples
    Asked about interests towards the future

Interview Questions

• Why did I apply for an entry level position after having a bachelor's degree   Answer Question

pay was too low

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied in person on a friday. Got the call for the interview on the following Monday. The manager was really friendly and nice. She asked very few question, but I think it helped that when I applied I walked in with a resume, cover letter, and references ( which included my general manager). I just got the call for the second interview so Ill see what happens.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to resolve a matter with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

Got a call two days prior, interviewed with a Assistant General Manager Specialist for CFRST, very nice person. They want people that are available immediately, but I couldn't go for some personal reasons. The specialist asked me to contact him as soon as I am available and he can find me opportunities at other properties. They value people.