Marriott International Front Desk Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marriott International Front Desk Supervisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Marriott International

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott International (Tampa, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

Mine was a two step process where I initially met with the Front Desk Manager. The Manager went over my resume in detail and dug a little deeper than what was on paper. I was asked about specific details of past properties I work for. Questions like guest category (transient or business), number of room, number of employees I managed and unique things about each property. I was also asked about my proficiency in PMS systems and my working knowledge of how different departments interact to make the hotel work efficiently. My second interview was with the Resident manager and this one was less formal. He seemed to be gauging my demeanor and professionalism.

Interview Questions

• To describe a time when I had to deal with an extremely difficult guest and what I did to recover and correct the situation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Marriott International

Front Desk Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

Managers and Directors interview me one time since I was an agent that was applying for the Supervisor position. They knew how I worked and that I was a great candidate for the position

Front Desk Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

I was contacted by phone for a pre-screening to check the job description, schedule requirement, and rate of pay were acceptable before proceeding to an in-person interview. I then interviewed with the assistant general manager and has a second interview with the general manager. They asked all behavioral questions. Be prepared with a number of examples from past work and/or school.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to change your work because someone was not responding to your ideas.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Bridgewater, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

Pretty standard. First interview met with department manager who asked standard operational questions. Second interview met with GM who explained culture and what kind of person he was looking for. 2 weeks later I started.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you dealt with a difficult guest   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Atlanta, GA) in June 2012.

Interview

took two weeks and the interview it self was almost two hours of just back and forth convo the person who interview me seem as if they didnt know what was going on

Anonymous Employee in Youngs, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott International (Youngs, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

Filled out an in house application submitted my resume, called by beneral manager for an interview which lasted roughly an hour. Questions on how you would handle different situations, training experience, leadership, problem solving, time management. Questions in customer service.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marriott International (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Fairly standard 5 star interviews , situation,task,action,result. Internal application so didn't go through standard procedures. Nothing to strenuous. Standard interview. Had 3 people interviewing me. Process was very quick. Enjoyable process fairly easy .

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were approached with a difficult guest   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Cleveland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

Great interview process going through the job description and then STAR questions where you need to outline real world examples on how you would fit in with the company.

Interview Questions

• Name a Time you demonstrated leadership in a team setting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Bellevue, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Straightforward, I was hired as an associate and got promoted to front desk supervisor. You were asked how you would handle specific situations and what outcomes there could be. It took about 3 days before they called and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• What can you do for a guest that isn't pleased with any of your suggestions?   1 Answer

Front Desk Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kathmandu (Nepal)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott International (Kathmandu (Nepal)) in May 2013.

Interview

First day I apply online . The recruiter called me in there office with my documents. They gave me the date of interview as from hotel itself representative was coming to take interview directly. Interview was one by one to the representative recruiter. Interview was happened like an hour. Talked about work experiences detaily. Interviewer asked all types of questions, situation sorts of questions mostly. Talked about qualifications, and last online assignment.

Interview Questions

• Why you choose front office department?   1 Answer
    • Why you choose our company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The benefits and salary