Marriott International Guest Service Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marriott International Guest Service Agent Interview Questions

2.4

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (King of Prussia, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

Well the interview process was fairly easy. I applied on indeed.com, then called the location about an hour later and spoke to the general manager. I explained my qualifications to her, and landed an interview for the very next day. When I came in for the interview, I noticed how well put together the establishment was. The questions were fairly easy and the manager was friendly and easy to talk to without getting nervous.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation in which the customer was upset, and there was no manager present?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Marriott International

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott International (Albany, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied months before my interview and I got a call out the blue to come in for an interview. Came in and asked your typical interview questions. Not intimidating at all. Called a week later to offer the job and was very flexible with my start date

Guest Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

First, you will be telephone screened like most organization today do. If you sound sane, you will be asked to come in for an interview. Your best bet is to answer everything honestly and show concern for other people. It is the hospitality business, so you must have patience and empathy to fit in.

Interview Questions

• So you are looking for a job? Think twice about how you answer this question   Answer Question

Negotiation

If it is not salary based, you will have to make a good point to be paid more. However, the pay is competitive

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Louisville, KY) in August 2013.

Interview

I went in to apply. I never had any experience for this job so I was very nervous. I got a call back later that day to come in for an interview. The very next day I had an interview. After my interview I was asked to wait in the waiting area, then the HR representative came to tell me I was hired and how much I would be making. The rest was history. They really want people who are well spoken and have a great personality. Being attractive helps too!

Interview Questions

• Q: Do you have any experience in the hospitality industry?
      Q: Tell me a little bit about yourself.
      Q: describe a time where you've dealt with a difficult customer and how you handled/fixed the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Fullerton, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

2 interviews. First was an interview with HR and the AGM, second was with the GM of the property. The first round was relatively standard, asked a lot of behavioral based questions, I answered in STAR format. The 2nd was a tad different. The GM brought up common challenges of the hotel and asked me to respond, a bit of role play.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you and a manager disagreed.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott International (Long Island City, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Interview with HR. Followed by a interview with the manager of the hotel.

Interview Questions

• If I called your old manager, what do you think he/she will tell me about you?   2 Answers

Guest Services Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott International (Macon, GA) in March 2009.

Interview

I was called in for an interview two days after I applied online. The interviewer was very calm and friendly. I was interviewed in the front lobby away from traffic. The interview lasted 5 minutes! The interviewer read questions to me off of a piece of paper and occasionally wrote down some of my responses. She asked about 10 questions. All the questions asked will relate to how you interact with customers and how well you can handle working under pressure.

At the end of the interview, I was asked did I have any questions. The interviewer seemed kind of uncomfortable with the fact that I asked her "what do you like about working here?"

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult guest if now manager is around or if you're unable to get in touch with a manager?   Answer Question

Guest Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott International in February 2010.

Interview

I saw an ad placed in the newspaper, then went into the hotel directly to apply. Filled out the application and was called later that week. The interview was with both the general and assistant manager and consisted of several normal questions about my background, why I wanted to work at Marriott. etc. It also included some scenarios, like how to respond if an unhappy/irate guest said x to me. There were also some multiple-choice type questions, where a scenario was given and I had options as to how I'd respond. They were really easy/obvious what the correct choice would be (like "A" would be "ignore the guest", "B" would be "call the guest a derogatory name and continue what you were doing" and "C" would be "apologize to the guest and make every attempt to fix the situation, calling a manager if necessary". Easy-peasy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The manager told me what the position paid and I accepted.

Guest Service Agent Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott International in May 2009.

Interview

applied online, got an email back to set up an interview at the hotel. Came to hotel and interviewed with the front office manager and general manager. Mostly customer service questions and behavioral questions about past situations and how I've handled them. Got a call back the next day with offer.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult guest. what did you do to remedy the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

fair compensation for the job.