Marriott International Hostess Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marriott International Hostess Interview Questions

2.4

Hostess Interview

Interview

My interview process was amazing , they asked all the normal interview question, and I found it to be totally non stressful , just relax and be yourself , if your a people person and love being around others that you wouldn't have anything to worry about .

Other Interview Reviews for Marriott International

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marriott International in February 2016.

Interview

I ended up talking to three different people. First was the actual interview, I was asked about previous employment, my skills etc, and a few STAR questions, nothing too intense, and I was given time to think about it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with someone difficult and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott International (Kansas City, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was really relaxed and everyone I met was super nice! I didn't get asked any hard questions, honestly, but when the second person joined the interview mid-way, the questions were repetitive almost exactly, so I felt like I was repeating myself at the end. The HR lady was the first person I met with, and she didn't ask me a single question, just told me everything about the position in a monotone voice. She seemed a lot less enthusiastic about her job than anyone else there. I honestly thought I had the job by the end of the interview... they escorted me out though and its been a couple weeks and didn't receive a rejection email or anything. I don't know what else they were expecting, I couldn't have done any better at my interview, and it was for a Hostess position which a monkey could do. I think they are just overly picky apparently because they are constantly posting for every position online at the one Downtown. Which is a shame because I was completely qualified.

Interview Questions

• If I called your last Manager, what would they say about you?
      Did you have difficult customers? How did you handle that stressful situation?
      Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marriott International in January 2015.

Interview

I found out about the job online, but decided to go in person and introduce myself. I met the supervisor but was told that I need to apply online, because they have a test that you need to pass in order to be considered (hypothetical situations and you need to say what you'd do, or how you would react, really easy using common sense). They called me in 2 days, and set up the interview the same day. I was told they needed someone fast even in the beginning and it really didn't bug me that they scheduled me for the same day, since there was enough notice in advance.

I talked to 2 people, even though it was only supposed to be one, but he had meetings and joined in later. The interview was not as scary as I though. It was my first interview of that kind. They asked me 5 situation based questions. I had a few situations in mind, but thought off 3 more on the spot. The question were for a time I dealt with a busy workplace, about team work, about solving a problem, having a difficulty and asking for help, helping a customer... I do suggest trying to think of a situation before you go in for the interview, unless you have plenty to choose from, which was not the case with me, They did say you can pull examples from work, school or just life in general.

One of the managers didn't give me any feedback, but the other one said he was pleased with my answers. He also said they normally interview 3 people, but were really in a hurry to fill the position and my qualifications were good. Told me the specifics of the job, and asked if I had question 3 times on separate occasions. Make sure you have questions. They said they were gonna call me for one more interview the next day.

I got the call really early (which was expected in order to have enough time in advance) and set up the interview for the same day (again, expected since they specified they needed someone sooner rather than later). I met the Director of Operations. He didn't ask me any questions like the first interview. It was more of a chat, getting to know me and see my personality. I think it was more of a formality at this point.

Then I went to HR and did some paperwork for the uniforms and their policies. Did the drug test (oral). Signed for a background check and all that and was given a piece of paper that pointed out the Orientation days.

Interview Questions

• Can't really remember the exact words, but it was something about helping a customer around the city. The Renaissance Brand is very much involved with the whole city and tries to get the customers to explore the area, but I thought it was a very specific question for that certain position, which I haven't had before. So I had to come up with an answer from my everyday life, even though there were no customers included in my example.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate since I did't have any experience for that particular position.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

Was called in for an interview 2 days after applying online, Had first interview and was called in for another about a week later. Marriott Uses the STAR technique for interviewing. Long interviewing process and most questions related to previous job experience(s).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had your schedule change unexpectedly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott International (Atlanta, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

Very nice and easy. Just asked a few questions about experience. Gave the job description and asked if it would be something that you're interested in. Very relaxed environment. Have to meet with lead chef after meeting the assistant and general manager. Offer the job right on the spot. No wait at all

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International (New Orleans, LA) in February 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by both the assistant manager and supervisor, whom were both friendly, gracious and understanding. They asked a number of questions and I answered them to the best of my ability.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my customer service experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

After applying for almost every position at the current Marriott hotel I work for, I received a phone call initially for a server position. I said I just filled in the application to get my name out there. The restaurant manager told me she was waiting for my hostess application to reach her and if everyone was good, I would have an interview. I went on an interview the following week after calling several times to keep in touch. I received a call that same day saying I did good and that I would be scheduled for an interview with the Human Resources Director and Director of Operations. All of the questions required me to give a beginning, middle, and resolution. Most questions were about customer service. I dressed business formal wearing a formal suit and closed shoes along with light makeup. I brought in a resume, cover letter, and reference list for both interviews as well. All the people I dealt with during the process were super nice and respectable. I didn't feel like just an ordinary applicant like at Hilton.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a difficult customer and what was the result?   Answer Question

Negotiation

After the second interview, about two hours later I got a call saying that I was offered the position. I wasn't told the pay rate initially but they did say that it was pretty competitive compared to other hotel corporations.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International in October 2014.

Interview

It took about 3 weeks in total. The first interview was with both HR and the hiring manager. HR mostly asked basic questions like what is your greatest weakness,what are your salary requirements, have you applied elsewhere and would be writing everything down. The hiring manager asked more behavioral questions about customer service, ie. name a time you went the extra mile to provide good customer service, name a time you dealt with a stressful situation, etc. The second interview was with the front of house manager and the property manager. It was a lot shorter but I waited quite a while as they were really busy that evening. Try to take that time to look around, because they will ask you about their hotel (how many dining/cafe places are in the hotel, what are they, what distinct rooms do they have like the great room, etc) and from your own research, how many rooms are in this hotel?. Other questions about the customer in that specific job, how would you deal with a customer that is upset and how would you diffuse that situation? The property manager was a even shorter interview as he mostly just checks to make sure you seem like a good person for the job! I received an offer the next morning!

Interview Questions

• The first interview was tough as it took almost an hour and involved more questions that were tougher.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

Called an invited for an interview. The interviewer was very chatty, getting a feel for who I am.

Interview Questions

• Pretty typical. Describe a difficult situation. Help resolve conflict between people. etc   Answer Question