Marriott International Housekeeper Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marriott International Housekeeper Interview Questions

Interviews at Marriott International

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Newport News, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online on their website and they called me back the same day and give a day to come in for my interview. I met with the human resources manager and head housekeeper for my interview

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Marriott International

Housekeeper Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

Applied online and got a call back to come in for an interview a week later. Was asked a couple basic interview questions and was hired on the spot. Interview process was really laid back and easy.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good candidate for this position?   2 Answers
    • Why do you want to work here?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Midland, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

They were desperate. Talked up the hotel the whole time. Tried to make me think they were better than they actually are. If I had known how horribly they treat employees I would have went some place else. I'm job searching right now.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Provo, UT) in March 2016.

Interview

I attended marriott job pair.
    They are friendly and not ask much.
    Just check the time and availablity.
    I asked them to how many people work and do I work alone or team.
    Most of time they said I'll work alone.
    I feel like got accepted, but I got e-mail from them next day to say 'you are not hired'.

Housekeeper Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

I was called in for an interview a day after completing the application. The housekeeping supervisor interviewed me. She asked basic questions. Most of the interview she informed me about the company, its goals, and expectations of employees. She went over the job duties and responsibilities. You have to take a drug test, and when the results come back you will be offered the position. Test results come back in 2-4 days. The whole process took about a week.

Interview Questions

• What do you find the most challenging part about housekeeping? What qualities do you have that make you a good housekeeper? Do you have experience? The rest of the interview was mainly conversation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Lancaster, PA) in April 2010.

Interview

There was a set day for applications to be received. I walked in filled out an application, it was reviewed, and I met with several managers. I was hired same day and went straight from filling out an application to taking a drug test, and started two days later. Super simple progress, and was an easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected. Standard questions, and no surprises. Basically do you want to work and please don't steal from us.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Was offered a standard starting rate and notified about the raise structure.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott International (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2015.

Interview

We approve reviews and interview details that offer insights that can only come from an employee or job candidate who's been there within the past five years. Please only submit one company review or interview review per employer per year

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

The Interview took 30 minutes. I then proceeded to do the online application.It took an 45 minutes to complete. Afterwards you possibly could get a second interview. Very easy process.

Interview Questions

• How would you assist a guest that speaks a different language than you?   1 Answer

Housekeeper Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International in August 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position online and was eventually called on the phone. The screening process took awhile (a couple weeks I think), so don't be discouraged if you apply and aren't called in for an interview right away. On the phone I was asked a few basic interview questions, and then asked to come in for an interview the following Monday. The interview itself wasn't too bad. The guy asked mostly situation-based questions (Describe a time when __, then explain what you did and what the results were...). My interviewer was very professional and polite.

Interview Questions

• What has been your favorite customer service moment?   1 Answer

Housekeeper Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

Applied in person, I talk directly to housekeeping hiring manager, no difficult question was asked only tell me about yourself and work history. Signed a background check paper but I'm still waiting for the result, it's been 2 weeks and a half but still haven't got a call from them