Marriott International Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 20, 2017

2.5

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International (Bethesda, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied to general internship program and was contacted over email about three weeks later to set up a phone interview. I participated in one phone interview and was offered the position over email two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Can you give us an example of a time you had to work with a difficult team member?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Marriott International

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott International (Denver, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

I really enjoyed speaking with Marriott. They made me feel welcome and they were very positive! Instead of it being super formal, it was actually really fun, and I felt like they actually wanted to know my life story.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience when you were uncomfortable. How did you handle this?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marriott International in April 2015.

Interview

Was given a brief 30 minute phone interview, in which the questions followed the STAR format. The questions asked about a time when (insert issue) occurred, and how I handled it. The interview was given by two people, each asking questions. I was contacted a few days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time when there was conflict in a group project, and how you handled the issue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott International (Manhattan, KS) in February 2015.

Interview

on campus interview. recruiter came to my school and preformed the interview. it is based on a behavioral questioning. overall it was a great process. I found out about the position less than two weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• describe a situation that you are most proud of and what got you there.   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was not one.

Intern Interview

Interview

The position calls for a highly motivated individual, who wants to build or further a career as an analyst. The candidate should possess excellent communication and writing skills and be a quick and creative thinker, who is eager to learn and easily coached. In addition, 2+ years of experience gained from a market research or consulting firm, a market intelligence division of an IT company, or a public cloud provider would be beneficial.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott International in September 2014.

Interview

Had a short interview with the operations manager for about 15 minutes. She asked the typical interview questions. It wasn't intimidating at all. She was easy-going and fun to speak with. The interview was arranged through my university so it wasn't as strict as a real job interview.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marriott International (Irvine, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Three interviewers (panel), go through the STAR process. Situation, Task, Action and Results.

1. You apply online
    2. You receive a call
    3. If you passed the phone interview, proceed to face-to-face interview
    4. Panel interview
    5. Offer/No Offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. Hourly wage is set.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

The process is quite standard. Time and location preference are the first part. Willingness to be relocated, and flexible is always appreciated. Standard BI questions, including strength and weakness, teamwork, ability to solve problem, leadership skills, interpersonal skills and how to deal pressure. Related experience are highly recommended, at least customer service experience.

Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Marriott International (Harrisonburg, VA) in February 2014.

Interview

Almost all interviews for Marriott are the STAR interview. They take longer than the should to let you know if you got the job. The week before you start they will contact you with all the information you will need to start and information about getting your drug test

Interview Questions

• Name a time you gave excellent customer service and how you did it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott International (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

intensive