Marriott International Accounting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

General Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

2 interviews

First a panel interview with the hiring manager and the director than if you pass that interview than you will get another call to meet with the general manager and that is the final and no one get to that point in leas they are hired.

General Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International in March 2015.

Interview

I applied this job online and had the interview at a recruitment center. They will have 3 or 4 rounds for the interview. The manager from accounting and finance department is very nice. He introduced a lot about the duty and responsibility about the position to me. All Interview questions are very normal and can be prepared.

Accounting Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International in January 2013.

Interview

The process was good. I applied to a posting online and heard back quickly after applying, maybe within a week or so. Started with a quick phone interview and then went in a few days later for a long interview the the manager and another employee. Was kept well informed throughout the process. Overall very good experience.

Interview Questions

• Must questions related to experience / ability to handle the tasks of the job. Things like how do you deal with people that are upset, on the phone and in person.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Boston, MA) in November 2012.

Interview

On campus two person interview, one asking questions, the other writing answers/notes. Second round is an "on-site" interview at a Marriott hotel. Single interview with two people, however this time they both ask questions. After the interview there was a benefits overview and free lunch (from the hotel which was excellent).

Interview Questions

• Questions mainly pertained to self-motivation; working under pressure; team environments; being a leader, etc. Very typical entry-level finance questions. There were some minor technical questions on understanding basic accounting finance concepts, but nothing you shouldn't know.   Answer Question

Too much variability in where you could be located after completing the 3 month training program.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Bethesda, MD) in June 2012.

Interview

Had 3 interviews and never heard back. I would have expected more from Marriott than to simply never call again. I think it would have been appropriate to at least let the candidate know, that they are not in the running anymore. Hopefully the rest of the organization has better manners.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marriott International (Washington, DC) in November 2011.

Interview

Marriott uses the STAR process to assess you different experiences. Interviewee should have an answer for each section. The interviewee should also have a strong handle on the what the day to day responsibilities of the job will be.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to make a hard decision that not everyone on the team agreed on?   Answer Question

Accounting and Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

First round on campus with two interviewers. Fairly straightforward behavioral questions: Why Marriott? Why this position?

Invited to final rounds in Baltimore with a reception and presentation the previous afternoon and evening. Lots of opportunities to network and ask questions. Interview was again very typical behavioral questions, felt just like a repeat of the previous round of interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (San Diego, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Interviewed on campus with a director and assistant director of finance from a local hotel. Mostly behavioral questions and scripted from a list. I asked them about their background and why those chose private over public accounting and agreed with their reasoning. Took about an hour. A week later, I got an email from HR saying I passed the first interview and had to take an hour long personality/management test. A week later I got an email from HR saying they were flying me to Denver, CO for final rounds interviews with the Area Director of Finance. We were placed in the City Centre hotel for 2 nights with all expenses paid (flight, room, meals) and the next morning we had an hour presentation on HR, culture and administrative responsibilities. Then all of us took turns with a panel interview with the Area Director and the Director of Finance of that particular hotel. Questions were behavioral, but way more intense. They grilled you for more details and it was scarier than the campus interview. Lasted about an hour and then I was flown back to CA, to receive and offer email a week later. What a pleasant surprise!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate the salary, but there is no pay difference for bachelors or masters degree. Pay also depends on region/location. HR threatened me saying it's supply and demand due to the recession and that if I try to negotiate, they have other candidates on the waitlist eager to take my position.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Bethesda, MD) in January 2007.

Interview

Two phone interviews and then interview on-site with 4 people.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

After my application,I was called for interview which I reschedule because of my availability.the interviewer was friendly and nice.she made me feel comfortable which help me to answer all the question without fretting.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I have ever been given a deadline and how I went about it?   Answer Question