Marriott International Front Desk Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.4

116 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

Had a phone interview, got the results the next day. Papers were processed thru HR and the hiring agency and got the offer letter. After the offer letter, they will let you complete your requirements and will assign you date to start.

Anonymous Employee in New Stanton, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marriott International (New Stanton, PA).

Interview

Face to Face interview was easy and a nice get to know you type of meeting. I wasn't intimidated and the interviewer was friendly. They called me back in about a week to offer me the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marriott International (Long Beach, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call from the front desk manager about a week or so later. She scheduled an interview with me in the same week. The interview took about half an hour and she was very nice and professional. She asked about my current job and went on to STAR questions (scenario, task, action, results). STAR questions are HUGE for the Marriott International so make sure you prepare for it beforehand. If you don't have work experience, talk about school projects, volunteer experiences, and/or helping out friends and families. Anyways, on with the interview, she shared about her own experiences in the industry and was overall encouraging because she knows I'm a college student trying to get my foot in the door. She asked if I had any questions at the end and I talked about how my only concern is that I am a full time student so I need to have my work schedule accommodate to my school schedule. She was very understanding and suggested a possible part-time position in place of the full-time position that she was hiring for. The interview ended on a good note; she said she would call me back the next day after she interviews another person. I thought it seemed promising but I never got a call back.
    Thinking back, I should've gotten her business card and called to thank her for the interview. It's just common job courtesy.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to help a co-worker in a difficult situation.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you struggled to meet a deadline for a work/school assignment; what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott International (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Brief phone discussion of position. We discussed the position I applied for. Also asked me to tell her about myself. Then in-person interview with 2 HR managers. After that interview I was sent in to speak with the GM and other manager. We discussed simple things about me and scheduling.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to go above and beyond for a customer. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Marriott International (Santa Ana, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was called one day to ask me if I was interested in an interview. I arrived in plenty of time for my interview. Checked in. Person who interviewed me sat with me in the lobby area and not in any office setting. Also, interviewer just asked me bunch of "star" what if questions she read off from a guide and listened to me answer each one. There were too many of those questions. I thought it was a lazy way to interview someone. The female interviewer didn't appear to me to be professional. She was dressed like a slob and kept reading her STAR questions. The interviewer told me to call on Monday if I didn't hear anything. The way she said it was like she had already made a decision not to hire me. Then, she asked me if I had any questions and that's all there was of this interview. I asked about the hours, benefits if any and how soon will they be hiring. I was told the pay would start at $11 per hour. Then at the end the interviewer didn't say too much more and walked away. Needless to say, I didn't get a good feeling.

Interview Questions

• Give me a specific time when you were given a number of tasks and there was not enough time to complete them? And what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Fort Wayne, IN) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, was called the next day and asked basic questions like if I had reliable transportation, when I could work, etc. I went in for the interview and they asked how to pronounce my last name, I thought it was so they would say it correctly but she informed me she had an interview with someone with the same name and didn't know which one I was because she didn't write down times or dates... How unprofessional and unorganized. I was asked the generic interview questions and then told about the job. Had I known I was interviewing to work the front desk, cafe AND drive a shuttle bus for $9 an hour I would've saved myself the time, stress and money of going. I knew coming from being a Manager to an associate I would take a pay cut but to do all of that for $9 is a tad ridiculous. They also don't believe in holiday pay so if you work Christmas or Thanksgiving, don't expect anything. I was also told in the interview they only like hiring full time because they're "going to invest a lot of money and training into you and they want it all back." I understand that completely but that is not something you should say in an interview.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was with the front desk supervisor, the assistant manager and general manager. It lasted about 30 mins and was mainly about my previous experience and what the hotel has to offer. Overall not too hard of an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in a hotel?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Richmond, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application and was called the next day. I wasn't expecting the recruiter to give me an over the phone interview that instance, had I known I would have prepared for it. Luckily, the questions were pretty basic and I feel like I did well. After that I had to complete the assessment

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to deal with an irate customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Went in for housekeeping with housekeep executive and was told my personality would better fit front desk. Went in 2 days later interview with Assitant general manager and a 1 week later another interview with general manager. Very easy and common sense i just got nervous with the GM he didn't ask good questions...idk if i got the job yet. Waiting.

Interview Questions

• What things would you do to make an upset guest happy from the start   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Cleveland, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

They ask STAR questions; situation, task, action, and result. The questions cover a couple of basic topics like how you get along with people, how you handle stress and what you like about customer experience. They make a big deal out of answering in that format.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to work with someone difficult?   Answer Question