Marriott International Front Office Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marriott International Front Office Manager Interview Questions

3.4

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Washington, DC) in August 2015.

Interview

I was already in the company, so I was able to apply for the job. Had a short phone interview with the hiring manager to check to see what systems I was familiar with. Then I had a phone interview with a recruiter, a Skype interview with three department heads and then I was flown to the property to meet all of the Department heads, and the Director of Operations and General Manager. It took about 3 weeks for the entire process.

Interview Questions

• How do you give effective feedback to associates?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

Standard board type interview, because I was out of state the initial interview was a conference call between me and 4 others. They immediately told me at end of interview they wanted to meet me and set up a second interview for me to head up there. 2nd interview was between myself and 4 others, was offered the position after they called all my references and all of my past employers. So do not lie on your resume, they called all of them even as far back as 10 years ago.

Negotiation

Negotiated early performance review with pay raise.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

Moving from a front desk associate to a management position was relatively straightforward. Since I already knew and was on good terms with management the process was pretty speedy with no real surprises. They did hold an interview asking me several theoretical questions and some questions like: why do you think you'd fit this position, what would you change about the front desk, what would my primary focus be on as a manager, and how would I manage the associates. Having already worked there for some time I was familiar with the team so management went through each member and asked what I thought their greatest strength and weakness was and how I'd help them improve on it.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of the interview was the theoretical side of things. It was difficult to take a step back and look at the entire situation they were describing because most of these situations could have several very different outcomes. Luckily I was familiar with how management deals with guests and the limits they'll go to to ensure guest happiness so it was a lot of finding the happy medium between guest satisfaction vs business sense.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was fairly minimal. It included a raise and more guaranteed hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Wilmington, DE) in September 2012.

Interview

It's a long process. Starting with the recruiter, then 1 on 1, then a group grilling by 4 people, then an iq test, personality test and basic aptitude test. Seriously, it was for a Front Desk Manager's position. I understand, yet it was a bit much.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marriott International (Miami, FL) in February 2012.

Interview

Very simple, applied online received a phone call. Was asked to come in for an interview the following day. I was interviewed by three people: assistant manager, manager and director.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you gave exceptional customer service experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (East Lansing, MI) in November 2010.

Interview

Applied on-line Got an e-mail a few weeks later from the GM of the hotel. Had a 1:1 interview, then took some tests, with 1 on-line. Went in for another interview with the GM and HR manager, and 1 day later, they e-mailed me with an offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a difference of opinion with your colleagues or superiors?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I interviewed at Marriott International (Pleasanton, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

It took one week from start to finish. Submitted my application on line, I was called the next day by a third party agency to complete an online survey. Bout 150 questions. Then wen thru 2 in-person interviews. Completed a background and drug screening session.

Interview Questions

Accepted a different opportunity with a Real Estate Firm.

Front-Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swindon, Gloucestershire, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Swindon, Gloucestershire, South West England, England (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied online. Called for phone interview and received an email to confirm about the group panel interview with Ops Manager and HR manager.
    All questions were performance based questions where they expected to describe a situation and action plan and end result. Plenty of time was given to answer each questions and the HR was taking notes of all the answers. They had a set of standard questions already.
    There was also an online assessment test which consisted of 40 questions roughly. No timer or warning during the test, so there was no indication of how much time left etc.
    Overall it was a good interview. I received a letter two weeks later. Unfortunately they went with someone internal.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to develop someone to achieve a specific skill?   Answer Question
    • Talk me through a typical day at your work?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International in April 2011.

Interview

I first came into contact with a representative from Hewitt. He asked me to complete an evaluation he sent over in email with hyperlink. After that I had a phone interview with that same Hewitt representative. He later referred me to the hotel from there on in had 3 more interviews. It was my first interview process for a managerial job. I nonetheless received an offer and accepted. Management at this particular hotel were very kind and knowledgeable. They made the interview process very easy and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a procedure that you created and implemented at your workplace?   Answer Question

Negotiation

When going in for interviews I am always myself. I don't like to pretend. My advice to anyone looking to work for Marriott is just be yourself and smile and you'll do just fine.