Marriott International Guest Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 26, 2017

2.5

76 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Midvale, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International (Midvale, UT) in June 2017.

Interview

Basic questions asked about experience in customer service. Must give 8 varying examples. I enjoyed it and was able to listen to a call before. Beautiful building and lovely people

Interview Questions

• Example of challenging customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Marriott International (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was greeted in the lobby by 3 department heads then escorted to an interview room complete with complimentary bottles of water. All 3 had a plesent and professional demenor. They took turns asking me questions and took notes from my responses. I asked several questions of them at the conclusion of the interview as well. The entire interview process lasted 45 minutes. I was informed I was the first candidate to be interviewed and should not expect to hear anything for another 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe an occassion when you provided exceptional service to a guest?   Answer Question
    • What makes you the best candidate for this positon?   Answer Question

Guest Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International in February 2017.

Interview

The Hotel Manager interviewed me for 30 minutes, grilling me on work related topics. We visited a little on business and small talk. I felt sure I had the position. She said she would call but never. I called twice but never spoke with her and I left messages. She never return my call.

Interview Questions

• What was your best time communicating to a guest?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (New York, NY).

Interview

They ask you questions like where do you see yourself in a couple years and what your best attributes are. They ask you a variety of questions so be prepared! Don't forget to smile!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott International (Richardson, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Did the application gotten a call 4days later for a phone interview we amazing very easy going. Then scheduled an in person interview 3 days later super fun felt like I was talking with a friend and catching I love that I even gotten some constructive criticism (I have red hair) all and all great experience

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Long Beach, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I work at a Courtyard Marriott and a friend of mine got me the job so the process of hiring was smooth and my manager is very nice. It does take about 3 weeks for the paper work to go through and there is a drug test. I think it depends on how slammed the HR department is though.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate about pay cause I got the feeling that everyone in the position I was in got the same amount of money. I think each location pays differently.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online. The hotel specifically I applied at was very short and hired about 4-5 new people in guest services. Interview was pretty lax, talked to 3 managers and was hired on the spot. did drug test and Background check and went in for training the next week. Pretty easy interview and HR Process. Manager was unorganized though.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

I applied online and through a Marriott employee referral. The process took a little over two weeks.

Once you submit your application, a third party company reviews it and rates your assessment. If it doesn't meet criteria, you probably won't be contacted for an interview.

If your assessment passes, your application is sent to the hotel with an opening like mine was. A hiring manager will contact you by phone and ask you general questions about your background, education, what languages you speak, etc. Really, the phone screening tests whether or not you are a pleasant person with a good voice that sounds positive and clear on the phone.

If the manager thinks you sound good, they will schedule an in person interview. This interview was with the same manager and took about an hour. It was very relaxed yet professional. We talked about how the hotel ran and the training opportunities available for guest services. Yes, the starting pay is very low but if you can handle it, the company has many options for training and development! The interview itself was STAR questions as others have said (situation, task, action, result) and if the interview goes well you will be scheduled for a second interview. For guest services you need to have an outgoing personality and love working with people, and be open to learning new skills.

I was asked to meet with the assistant general manager the next day. We talked about my goals and where I saw myself in the company. It was laid back but still asked me about how serious I was about the position. At the end, I was offered the job and taken to the HR office to sign a consent for a background check and drug tested before I started work.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you were frustrated with a customer and how you managed the situation.   1 Answer

Guest Service Representative (Front Desk) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

I only had to do one interview, during which I got to meet both managers who were super friendly. The interview felt more like a dialogue rather than an interrogation. They explained the expectations of the job and asked me a few questions about my background and experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked what previous experience and transferable skills I have that would apply to the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in South Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (South Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Huge hotel. Very busy. Very friendly staff. I did have to wait 20 minutes for my interview to start but the concierge offered water. The manager was very friendly and easy to talk to. He made the company sound like a good fit for me. I have a second interview this week.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked for a hotel before?   1 Answer