Marriott International Sales Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marriott International Sales Coordinator Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2017

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

The process took less than a week. Was contacted by phone by Director of Sales. Short 5 minute "get to know you" phone interview, then scheduled a next-day in-person interview. Interviewed with Director of Sales, then the General Manager directly after (same day). Was offered position 2 business days later.

Interview Questions

• What are your 3 best strengths?   Answer Question
    • Describe your perfect work day.   Answer Question
    • Why are you a good fit for this role and our company?   Answer Question
    • What areas of this job do you think you would need improving or extra training on.   Answer Question
    • What types of hotel software or sales software do you have experience with?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. They told me what the hourly range was during the interview, and they came in with a strong offer based on experience. It's an entry-level Sales role. I wouldn't recommend negotiating unless you have extensive experience to back it up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Houston, TX).

Interview

Phone interview, 3 separate interviews. First was 2 days after the phone interview and conducted by the Director of Sales, 2nd was 2 weeks later with the General Manager and 5 days later was the Regional Sales Manager. They made their decided 1 week later. The interview questions were very basic, a few scenario based but personality played a big part on the flow.

Low pay

Sales & Catering Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Dallas, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Sent in a resume. Went in for an interview. Very informal. Met with 2 managers. Discussed job requirements. Called back for a second interview - more formal. Met with more of the team and the general manager of the hotel. was called 3 days later and was offered the job.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Kansas City, MO) in May 2010.

Interview

Phone interview with General Manager and then in person meeting with GM and an Area Sales Manager. We discussed my sales background and it was helpful that I already knew the computer system. They are looking for professionalism and the ability to communicate and provide quality customer service.

Interview Questions

• They do ask situational based questions, so be prepared to talk about specific sales experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They are very clear on the budget for the position-- no negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott International (Bakersfield, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

Did a quick phone interview then had a panel interview with three GMs a week later.its been three weeks and no response

Interview Questions

• name a time you failed and how did you react   1 Answer

Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International in June 2017.

Interview

First of all you have to have to make an account at the Marriot Website and afterwards you can apply to the position. I applied for the position Sales Coordinator and was contacted in about a week time. The interview was a week later with the HR manager. Afterwards I was invited for a second interview with the HR manager and marketing manager. The time between the interviews were about three weeks.

It took extremely long before I got the results of my interview (about a month later). The total process took about 2,5 months. I did not get hired, I asked for feedback, however Marriot never responded and I still don't know why I did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when a guests has unrealistic expectations about the service we can provide?
      What do you do when you have to goal of making a $1000 sale, but the budget of the guest is $100?   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Online application - Telephone Interview - Face to Face Interview 1.5 hours - another face to face interview fro 30 minites

The first face to face interview was one on one which was focused on the Star Model

The second interview was more less formal but there were two off then and they really dig in deep about your experiences.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you want to work as a sales and marketing coordinator?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't really a negotiation process- I was offered the job. Then I was told the salary and said there is no negotiating available they are working on a tight budget.

Then asked when can you start. Did all the background checks and my Marriott career started.

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online where had to answer basic situational questions in the online process. Three interviews followed in person with HR then with the direct sales team and director of sales. The interviews aren't difficult just be prepared to speak from your experience in the meeting.
    Also be yourself show your flexible and adaptable.

Interview Questions

• The questions are all situational and require answers using the STAR system. Situation, Task, Action, and Result. Just prepare your situational answers from your past along these guidelines.   1 Answer

Sales & Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (London, England (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

3 steps: first generic interview, work trial day, last interview with General Manager

Interview Questions

• personal questions concerning sexual orientation   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation phase

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marriott International in May 2012.

Interview

My first interview consisted of meeting with two of the managers. It was about an hour long and they asked several different questions. They called me back for a second interview a week later. I had to give a tour of the hotel, and sell a meeting room to them. I then met with the other two managers and interviewed with all of them. They all were very nice and friendly, and made me feel comfortable during the entire interview process. They let me know what to expect for my second interview so I could prepare beforehand which was very important.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a problem and had to think outside of the box to fix it?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you had to deal with a difficult guest and how you handled the situation?   Answer Question
    • Use one adjective to describe yourself...   Answer Question
    • What did you like best about your last job? And what did you like least about your last job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They came with a great first offer and said there is room to move up from there. I would only suggest negotiating if you have extensive experience in the job for which you've applied and it wasn't reflected in the original offer.