Marriott International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2017
1,202 Interview Reviews

2.6

Bartender Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

Once you're called in for the interview, you must dress in a professional attire. Various level of management from the department will conduct the interview. The process could take days, weeks or months. They're looking for dedication, hard workers, someone that love the industry, someone who's passionate about the industry., and someone that's looking for a long term career. They want to invest in you. That's one of the reasons why the hiring process is long. Plus once your hired you go through weeks of training.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation that went wrong, what did you do and how did you solve it.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

Quick, meet with a recruiter who asks the basic questions such as salary, experience, etc. I did a panel interview with the executive committee. Easy behavioral questions. Hiring process is fine with an orientation day. Takes a while for your computer access which makes it an awkward first few days of work

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to coach an employee who was performing poorly   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

Interviewed with Human Resources then with department managers/direct supervisors. Very easy, I am still writing just because of the 30 words minimum requirement. If you have experience working in a customer service industry handling different customers or complaints, I think you will be okay.

Interview Questions

• How do you describe customer service?   2 Answers
    • How would you handle / what would you do if (insert situation here) ?   1 Answer

Voyager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marriott International (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was extremely rushed and there was little communication of the requirements and dates and deadlines. The recruiter was nice and agreeable but seemed overwhelmed with all of the applicants.

Interview Questions

Interview

I interviewed Marriott Voyage Program on campus. The interview wasn't too bad, it probably lasts 30 minutes. They will send email to let you know to process next step if you were selected.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a hard situation that you met? How do you deal with it?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Marriott International (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Quick call with outsourced recruiter then onsite interview. Interviewed with about 4 people. Returned again, for more onsite interviews. Then after following up a week later. No response. Followed up again 2 weeks later. No response. After about 1.5 month later, I receive a "thanks but no thanks" email. After spending approximately 6-7 hours interviewing for a role, the least you can do is follow up with a phone call in a timely manner. So disrespectful to candidates who want to work for you.

Interview Questions

• They do the STAR interview questions. Recommend googling them. It goes like this, they ask the STAR question, while you answer, they are busy writing down comments. Then on to the next question. Same thing. No real engaging conversations. They even complained about this process.   Answer Question

Sales Manager, Segment Team Interview

Interview

I applied online via Marriott Career site and a recruiter from a third party company contacted me to schedule a phone screen. Recruiter was an hour an a half minutes late to our scheduled time but it went well. Recruiter was very professional and helpful with further steps. There were a lot of STAR questions. I was invited to interview onsite. I arrived early and interview began early as well. Interviewers were very professional and timely. Onsite interview also had a lot of STAR questions but I felt less engaged to the interview as interviewers were busy writing down my answers (no eye contact, no real conversation). I was excited for the position but I prefer interviews with more engagement in the conversation without trying to find an exact answer interviewers want to hear. Even in STAR questions, I want to reflect my experience that I find important and relevant to the question. It looks like employers look for exact experience that perfectly fits to their situational questions. After the interview, I still followed up and I heard back in few weeks with a phone call that they have selected another candidate with more experience. I was advised to focus on my own achievement instead of team achievement but I did not quite agree with the advice.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you set a goal and describe how you achieved it   Answer Question

Marriott Voyage Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied initially online. Then about a day later I was emailed with the opportunity to schedule a phone interview. My phone interview was very conversational. Then I was moved on to the next phase, which is an online assessment that took only 30 minutes to complete. It was mostly comprised of situational and personality questions that were all multiple choice. I have not yet heard back about the final phase, if they pass me through to it, which would be a 2 day in-person interview conference in Dallas, Texas with Marriott General Managers.

Interview Questions

• Give me two examples of leadership roles in your life that have prepared you for success in this program.   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Basking Ridge, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

Pretty easy going. It wasn’t too bad just like a normal conversation. You just gotta walk in with the right personality. Basically get a call and go in for the interview. Watch for emails they send those out too. They also drug test but you just go to a place near you and pee in a cup. Then they will call you and say you passed and you have a job!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to help an employee with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position and got a call back a week later. It was very unorganized from the start. I had 2 different people call me to schedule the same interview. The day of the interview I got a call from the interviewer the her back was in pain and she would not be at work. She asked if I would do a phone interview, which I obliged. I don’t particularly like phone interviews, I prefer to be face to face. Personally I don’t think being able to judge someones character over the phone is possible. I am highly qualified for this position. It’s hard to prove that when you are on a conference call with 2 people. there was a delay in the line, lots of beeping, echoing, and 2 interviewers speaking over each other it was quite uncomfortable. The phone interview was 50 minutes long. They asked me the standard ridiculous “tell me about a time” interview questions. The following week I got an email telling me that they decided not to move along with me. I honestly think they already knew who they were going to hire, and that’s why they gave me a phone interview instead. They were just going through the Hr legal motions,

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time and walk me through the process when you dealt with a difficult situation   Answer Question
    • What are you most proud of? Show me an example.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked with someone from a different background?   Answer Question