Marriott International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,020 Interview Reviews

2.6

Reservations Sales Agent (Home Agent) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International (Solon, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

I came in, signed in, was given a packet of information about the job to fill out, met my interviewer, met a Reservations Sales Agent on the call center floor to sit with and watch for fifteen minutes, interview process began. It went really well. The interviewer was so hospitable and conversational.

Interview Questions

• What is a time where you had a conflict with a co-worker and what did you do to solve it and what was the outcome?   1 Answer
    • What attracted you to Marriott?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had an upset customer, how you solved the issue, what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • How are you with computers?   Answer Question

Senior Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Bethesda, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone screening with the recruiter. This was followed up by face to face interviews on 2 separate days. This was due to unforeseen circumstances. I was interviewed by two people on both occasions. The entire process took approximately 6 weeks from the first call to the start date.

Interview Questions

• They're basically STAR interviews. For example, talk about a time that you encountered a problem with another employee and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Event Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Emailed back and forth a bit, but scheduled a good time to go in and interview. They use the STAR method where they only ask about your behavior at past jobs so don't waste time reading their mission statement or preparing why you would be a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you did something other than what a client asked you to do.   Answer Question

Assistant Director of Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Marriott International (Myrtle Beach, SC) in March 2017.

Interview

Originally I applied for a different position online and then was contacted by the director of operations to review my qualifications and another opportunity that would put me more in line with a career path in hospitality. Phone interview approximately 20 min on march 24th, and a face to face interview then scheduled for 28th. Both interview were very in depth, not just a Q&A sitting in an office, but also consisted of both company professional goals but also my personal goals. The face to face included a walk through of housekeeping inspections and one their rooms, all questions answered either during interview or during a followup phone call within 24 hours. The following day March 29th the position was offered to me verbally.

College Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

I applied online and then went to an info session at my school. Everyone at the info session got an interview. They asked a lot of STAR behavior questions and why you chose Marriott.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marriott International (Bethesda, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

I was initially contacted by departmental HR because of previous work I'd done with the division. They recommended that I apply for a new position being offered. After electronically submitting my application I was then contacted by Marriott's recruitment team who set up a screening phone interview where they asked me basic situational STAR questions from past work experiences and why I would be an ideal candidate for this position. I then had an in-person interview with the position's hiring manager. Even though I was all but given the job offer during the interview, there was some lag time with the recruiter getting back to me with an offer. I had to follow up with the hiring manager, who was told that the hold up was because of lagging reference replies.

Interview Questions

• Recruiter Screening: Why would I be an ideal candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

The process took less than a week. Was contacted by phone by Director of Sales. Short 5 minute "get to know you" phone interview, then scheduled a next-day in-person interview. Interviewed with Director of Sales, then the General Manager directly after (same day). Was offered position 2 business days later.

Interview Questions

• What are your 3 best strengths?   Answer Question
    • Describe your perfect work day.   Answer Question
    • Why are you a good fit for this role and our company?   Answer Question
    • What areas of this job do you think you would need improving or extra training on.   Answer Question
    • What types of hotel software or sales software do you have experience with?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. They told me what the hourly range was during the interview, and they came in with a strong offer based on experience. It's an entry-level Sales role. I wouldn't recommend negotiating unless you have extensive experience to back it up.

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Bethesda, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

After submitting my resume and application on Marriott's job website, I received a call the same day from the HR Director. She asked a few more questions and then scheduled an interview for the next day. The next day I came in person and had three interviews - one with the front lobby manager and a front desk manager, one with the operations manager, and one with the general manager. Really great experience, the best interviews I've ever had - I felt really taken care of and listened to by people I hadn't even worked with yet, and I felt that all my questions for them were answered thoroughly. I would recommend checking out and trying to get an interview with Marriott - the experience is valuable!

Interview Questions

• Lots of "tell me about a time when _____," "tell me about yourself," and "why should we hire you?"
      As long as you submit a detailed resume for them to look at prior, and you have prepared a lot, you should be fine.
      Answer Question

Guest Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International in February 2017.

Interview

The Hotel Manager interviewed me for 30 minutes, grilling me on work related topics. We visited a little on business and small talk. I felt sure I had the position. She said she would call but never. I called twice but never spoke with her and I left messages. She never return my call.

Interview Questions

• What was your best time communicating to a guest?   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was with the front desk supervisor, the assistant manager and general manager. It lasted about 30 mins and was mainly about my previous experience and what the hotel has to offer. Overall not too hard of an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in a hotel?   1 Answer