Marriott International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 20, 2017
1,150 Interview Reviews

2.6

Executive Chef Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

Very nice people and executive team.
    Way too lengthy interview process. I was interviewed 6 times, told my final interview with the VP was just a formality, leading me to believe that I had the job. Then no call back to inform me of their decision. To me, this was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What is your culinary experience?   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

Had a phone interview, got the results the next day. Papers were processed thru HR and the hiring agency and got the offer letter. After the offer letter, they will let you complete your requirements and will assign you date to start.

Global Sales Interview

Interview

Interview consisted of many behavioral interview questions which are the norm at Marriott. The interviewer was very understanding and allowed for time to answer these questions. Nothing out of the ordinary for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time in which you had to display great customer service.   Answer Question

Food Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

It was a very easy interview. I Interviewed with two different people then was hired on the spot. It was for a new hotel so I applied for many different positions and was offered the serving position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What guest service experience do you have? what was a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Guest Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenbelt, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International (Greenbelt, MD) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The next day the called and did a screening interview. A few days later I went to the interview. I made sure I was on time but they were 30 minutes late. Two people interviewed me and they were very polite and pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked with a diverse group of people. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

I didn't have to go through a phone screening process because I was referred by a former school friend who works there. Interviewed with HR and was set up for an interview with hiring manager but was joined by department supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and what did you do to resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Senior Event Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

There are a few steps in the process. First the recruiter calls you and asks you a series of STAR questions, followed by the in person interview & lastly team interview

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Stanton, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marriott International (New Stanton, PA).

Interview

Face to Face interview was easy and a nice get to know you type of meeting. I wasn't intimidated and the interviewer was friendly. They called me back in about a week to offer me the job.

At Your Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calumet City, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marriott International (Calumet City, IL).

Interview

I actually interviewed with 4 different people. They made me feel a little relaxed but there's always that bit of nervousness still there. Typical interview questions were asked...they have great hospitality, everyone kept offering water...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to go above and beyond your job duties, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were faced with a difficult task, and what was the outcome ?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Very polite HR and Receptionist, interview questions were straight foward and after that you listen to a few calls. Take a drug screen and than start orientation if selected. Easy as pie.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced a difficult situation, and how did you handle it.   Answer Question