Marriott International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,001 Interview Reviews

2.6

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online. The hotel specifically I applied at was very short and hired about 4-5 new people in guest services. Interview was pretty lax, talked to 3 managers and was hired on the spot. did drug test and Background check and went in for training the next week. Pretty easy interview and HR Process. Manager was unorganized though.

Cocktail Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

3 interviews over the course of two days. You meet with someone from HR, then your manager, then the director of your department. You then take a drug test and if you make it through all of that, you have to sit through an insanely boring week of orientation. They do feed you though, that's the only good part.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you handled an upset guest and turned the situation around?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Interview

The interview process was not overly difficult. It was pleasant and the interviewer made sure you felt comfortable. There were no surprise questions and it was not a stress interview. They asked Marriott HR required behavioral questions that followed the STAR format. The dress code is business casual, so you might be the only one wearing a suit.

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Brookfield, WI).

Interview

First day of Aaron interview you then they have the supervisor interview then they have the manager interview you and if you get the job they walk you around and give you a tour

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at this hotel   3 Answers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott International (Denver, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

I really enjoyed speaking with Marriott. They made me feel welcome and they were very positive! Instead of it being super formal, it was actually really fun, and I felt like they actually wanted to know my life story.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience when you were uncomfortable. How did you handle this?   Answer Question

Voyager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Chico, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

STAR method, they want very detailed, specific answers in about 15 minutes. They ask you team based questions, yet want you to be specific about what you did that made you stand out. If you're getting interviewed by a veteran recruiter, be advised that they are tired and want to get back home ASAP.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you worked with a diverse team? What were the problems you faced? And how did you solve them?   Answer Question

Voyager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International in October 2016.

Interview

Relatively quick and easy. Started with an on-campus interview and was immediately sent an assessment to fill out. It was 57 question habitual assessment that was easy because you're just letting them know what your management style would be (you can't really have a wrong answer). Will hear back by the beginning of November if I've made it to a final interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you've had to deal with a strong personality that you didn't get along with in the workplace.   Answer Question

Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Charlotte, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

I already had my 1st interview after that process the Front Desk Supervisor ask me to come in for my 2nd the same day. Once I meet with the General Manager they would see who's fit for this position. If I'm qualified they would call me in to complete the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between this Marriott and your previous employer?   1 Answer

Housekeeping Aide PM Shift Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International (Toledo, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online to the company and I received a call for an interview within a week. They asked me some questions over the phone pertaining to the hours I was available. I was asked to come in the next day for a face to face interview with the Assistant Manager which was pretty basic. I was then asked to come in the next day for a second interview with the General Manager for a drug test and to sign a release for my driving record. They have a van that is used to pick up guests from the airport so the position requires that you have a valid license and clean driving history.

Interview Questions

• Can you work swing shifts? 2 nights (10:30-6:30) and 2 days (8:00-4:00)?   1 Answer
    • What is your greatest accomplishment?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in your past where you were put in a hectic situation, how you handled it, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Customer Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (San Antonio, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview with in person interview the next day. Very in depth interview "STAR" format. First they go over job description, work history, the ask about 15 questions where they want very detailed responses. It seems like a great company to work for they just don't offer very high pay.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had conflict and how you resolved the problem?   Answer Question

I would have probably accepted- great work environment, great company but low pay. $10.75/hr doesn't justify a daycare expense for my family.