Marriott International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,073 Interview Reviews

2.6

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott International (Newark, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview lasted about 20 mins. Two People interviewed me they were both nice. Being a female applying for the job I think she seemed surprised I would want the over night shift. I believe I was over qualified. And I'm sure they thought the same but I applied because I wanted to work in a company where I can grow. When I asked if there was any growth potential they replied yes, that most people in managerial positions started as night auditors. So that was good to hear.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Cleveland, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

They ask STAR questions; situation, task, action, and result. The questions cover a couple of basic topics like how you get along with people, how you handle stress and what you like about customer experience. They make a big deal out of answering in that format.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to work with someone difficult?   Answer Question

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merced, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Merced, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Just a few questions about past experience. the managers who interviewed me were really nice and welcoming. I turned in an application and then they called me for an in person interview and eventually got a call from them a few days later

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International (Flagstaff, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied, got a call a couple of hours later to set up an interview. Interviewed the next day. They only asked when I was available and then I was offered the job.

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Marriott International (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with Hiring Manager. In another position as a contractor I was pre-screened in 15 to 20 minute phone interview by an outside staffing company (Marriott corporate policy). Basic inquiries into former work experience and reasons for applying.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite aspect of the job as a Contracts Manager?   Answer Question

Voyage Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

I passed the first round interview and was invited out to Dallas for the final interview. While I am grateful I was flown out and had that experience, I thought the interview process was sloppy. My interviewer was less than friendly and it seemed obvious no matter what answers I gave her was not going to be impressed with me. The recruiter scheduled a time to call me and then didn't keep her commitment. She was also unable to provide me with any feedback. I wouldn't apply again and I was left with a sour image of the company.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you explained a difficult process to someone.   Answer Question

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (New York, NY).

Interview

They ask you questions like where do you see yourself in a couple years and what your best attributes are. They ask you a variety of questions so be prepared! Don't forget to smile!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International (New York, NY).

Interview

Sat down with supervisor and leader of the department. Cared mainly about my background. Did most of the talking, explained the job to me. They sold me the job.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

It was a one on one interview with the assistant general manager with various questions about my background and experience and letting me know about the hotel and how the day to day operations work.Followed by a drug test and than a job offer

Interview Questions

• Can you work different shifts   1 Answer

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott International (Richardson, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Did the application gotten a call 4days later for a phone interview we amazing very easy going. Then scheduled an in person interview 3 days later super fun felt like I was talking with a friend and catching I love that I even gotten some constructive criticism (I have red hair) all and all great experience