Marriott International Loss Prevention Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marriott International Loss Prevention Officer Interview Questions

Interviews at Marriott International

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (San Diego, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

The Hiring Process goes like this. you have you first interview with the Loss prevention supervisor. if that goes well, you are called back for an interview with the director of operations. if that also goes well, you will be called(usually same visit as second interview) to be interviewed by the executives. if all goes well, you start training within a weeks time. you also get sent for off site training which is paid for. this training covers specific Hotel security operations and responsibilities.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Marriott International

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2009.

Interview

Hiring process will start with applying online. Marriott utilizes a third party company to screen applicants and works with the Hiring Managers onsite to identify potential candidates.
    Initial contact is made to applicant for purposes of conducting a phone screen. This is a prelim.interview. If candidate meets the requirements and seems to be a fit, they will then be brought onsite for a face to face interview. Depending on the position, there may be several interviews throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Here are few questions:

1) Tell me about a time when you had a problem, but there was no manager around to consult? How did you feel? What did you do? What was the result?

2) Have you been in situations where policy told you to do one thing but the customer wanted something else? How did you feel? What did you did do? What were the results?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very strict on the offer, not much room for negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International (Washington, DC) in September 2010.

Interview

It wasn't too bad it all depends on the department you want to work an the hotel your applying at it could be anyone Marriott has hiring standards they train all the managers to have but its still based on the individual and if the want you or not . usually if you made it to the interview they want you

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Arlington, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

S.T.A.R. question format. If not familiar, basically performance/behavioral questions as to what you have done or what you would do in certain situations. A good way to evaluate potential employees.

Interview Questions

• Question: Describe a time when you disagreed with a co-worker and what did you do to arrive at a resolution.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by Supervisor, Director and an HR Rep. Very nice people and a good over all experience. They asked very good questions and seemed very interested in what I brought to the table. I can honestly say that as far as Hospitality industry is concerned this place is a cool place top work. Just wish the pay was more.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Orlando, FL) in March 2011.

Interview

the interview process was very lengthy. First there was a Phone interview, then supervisor interview, then assistant manager interview, then director interview. Takes about a month for the whole process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase. The gave you an offer. You either accepted or declined

Loss Prevention Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott International in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and had one panel interview. After that I was offered the position on the spot because I had 3 degrees and almost ten years in the field. I wanted the job really badly, but there was no way I was taking a 40% pay cut. They tried to tell me that the benefits would balance out the low pay rate, but don't be fooled.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marriott International (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Three interviews; one with supervisor(s), one with department head, one for the job offer. Environment was business casual and well structured. It was refreshing to get beyond the pre-canned questions and have a discussion with managers that actually cared about your experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you disagreed with a manager or supervisor and how you resolved the disagreement. Be detailed and include specific steps you took in the process.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indian Wells, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International (Indian Wells, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

You are contacted and have to wait a whole week for an interview. Upon arrival I had to seek other help from a doorman at the hotel to locate where to go for the interview on property. Interview was not conducted on time upon arrival. LP personnel were very rude including LP Management.

Interview Questions

• Renaissance Hotel in Indian Wells California. Was asked a question regarding a situation on dealing with customer service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Denver, CO).

Interview

A week after I applied I received a phone call interview and was scheduled for an interview the next day. Interview went extremely well, interviewed by the supervisor and director together. Very professional and extremely thorough in the questioning, a lot of situational questions and questions pertaining to past experiences. Offered the job on the spot and accepted.