Marriott International Management Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marriott International Management Trainee Interview Questions

Interviews at Marriott International

2.7

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Marriott International in January 2012.

Interview

Campus interview and final interview with managers from different Marriott's from different states. Final interview was more so of a networking opportunity and most people who make it to the final interview are given an offer.

Interview Questions

• All questions are behavorial. Give specific examples or be a good story teller.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Entry level is not really negotiable.

Other Interview Reviews for Marriott International

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

Long and exhaustive interview process. Every move you make is noted. Ask a lot of questions. Be prepared to give specific examples to behavioral questions. The interviews alone are not that long, however there is a lot of waiting involved. There is a recruiter available to you at all times for questions and advice, which was very helpful.

Interview Questions

• There was a mixer with company managers and executives from all over. Most interviewees thought this was free time, but it is a test. Be sure to interact with as many people as possible and ask questions. Be noticed and remembered. DO NOT drink alcohol at the bar, even though it is available.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation as far as salary. You can have some choice in geographical placement, but it all depends on availability.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International in September 2014.

Interview

I applied through my school and got selected for an interview. There was an information session the day before where they explained the program and the different brands then gave some insight into how the interview would be structured and potential questions. At the interview they went through my resume and then asked a bunch of behavioral questions - basically, "tell me a situation where XYZ happened and how did you handle it". After the interview I was sent an online assessment to complete and then waited a little over two weeks to hear if I had been invited into the second round of interviews where they fly you out to one of their hotels for kind of like a conference for interviewees. I ended up not getting asked to the second round.

One of the major problems I had with the interview process was the disorganization that there seemed to be overall. After applying, I didn't find out that I had been selected to do an interview until the day of the info session, which was a day before the scheduled interviews. I'm a pretty busy person so this gave me very little time to prepare and also interfered with my other activities at school due to it being so last minute. At the info session, the recruiter spent almost the entire time on the brands and ended up rushing through the rest of her slides at the end of the hour. Also, for my interview, I had to wait almost an hour past my scheduled interview time because the woman I was supposed to interview with took so long with the previous interviewee (I ended up just interviewing with the other recruiter that was there, I think she felt bad that I had been sitting so long). After my interview I was told that I would be receiving the online assessment via email by the end of the day (Friday) and, after still not receiving the assessment, I had to email the recruiter on Sunday to follow up and request they send it to me, which they did do on Monday. It seemed like every step of the way there were issues, and it was really off-putting to me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you worked with a diverse team. What were the challenges and how did you handle them?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Miami, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

Laid back interview. A lot of situation questions - how did you handle this that and the third? Tell me about a situation where..?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you implemented a new program?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Marriott International (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2012.

Interview

Wonderful!

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you made a difficult decision?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No. Marriott knows this is a first-time post-grad job, and they will not negotiate.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurangabad, Maharashtra (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Aurangabad, Maharashtra (India)).

Interview

It was a skill and personality test interview with an on the spot sales ability test

Interview Questions

• I was asked to sell a pair of 40,000 INR shoes to the Director of Sales who had a 20,000 INR budget   2 Answers

Negotiation

Non Negotiable

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Male (Maldives)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Marriott International (Male (Maldives)) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied early October, was given a link to hirevue which did not work until i kept messaging them. Marriott company did not provide any way to contact them, the only form was messaging through fb messenger, where a bot answers preloaded questions. The website indicates to leave a comment on their social media pages for any queries to which there were no replies. It's been 3 months since the job posting and due to incapabilty and incompetence of the hiring staff i have given up.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott International (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in November 2017.

Interview

I received 5 questions after I finished my application. The first 2 were about your own information (e.g. something like "are you willing to work in another city"). 3 open ended questions were then asked.
    1. Why you want to work for Marriott
    2. Why do you choose hospitality industry
    3. Why do you choose your major

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International in January 2019.

Interview

The interview is online interview. The questions are directly asked online and there is a limited time to answer each of the question asked by Marriott. The total time was about 15 min.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

Its largely behavioral, no technical competency considered. All questions are centered on getting to know you better, and from my perspective I think a decision to hire you is just based on whether a manager likes you or not, and not your actual skills.

Interview Questions

• More about yourself
      Previous experiences (very high level)   Answer Question