Marriott International Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marriott International Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Marriott International

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marriott International (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Interviewed at property after filling out an application and speaking with HR. Once completed then did a formal interview with General Manager . Waited to hear back from them in about a weeks time.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Marriott   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Marriott International

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott International (Baltimore, MD) in July 2018.

Interview

Very direct and clear expectations of what is required for the position. They follow up very fast and are very professional about the interview. Interviewer was very experienced and knew what he's talking about. They will follow up with a panel interview for the next week.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

interesting, tough, be prepared and know your stuff. good people, get through the screening and you'll meet the actual manager you'll report to, there's your chance to make an impression. Marriott does a lot of panel interviews, don't be intimidated if 4 or 5 people show up

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International in March 2010.

Interview

long and lengthy and alot of tallking on their part. had to listen to how great they are and what they had done in the past. got bored and told them what i had done.

Interview Questions

• what disney character are you.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott International (Bethesda, MD) in April 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with Hewitt, the company Marriott outsourced for recruiting, and the recruiter said that I met and exceeded all of what they were looking for. She said I would be hearing from her within the next two days to setup the face-to-face interview. I never heard from her again, and I even sent several different emails trying to get a response back.

Why does a hotel company that prides themselves on calling back their customers, but not possible future employees. What happens when that person is now response for hosting a meeting and has a bad taste for Marriott.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Smith, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott International (Fort Smith, AR).

Interview

The interview process was very professional. I had one interview with the General Manager and the Human Resource Manager. It lasted about an hour and was very professional. They followed up with my personal references and former employment to make sure everything was accurate. They do this with all new hires so make sure that everything on your application is accurate, otherwise they will not hire you.

Interview Questions

• How would my previous employment help benefit me at this new job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Bethesda, MD) in January 2013.

Interview

l interviews with a variety of VPs. It was a one on one discussion with the hiring director, again one on one with the department VP and then group discussions with VPs of supporting departments.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to an upset client and would be your approach to resolve the issue.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marriott International (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

typical interview process. good people, normal management questions .the interview was done in the lobby of the hotel. if you passed they got you in touch with HR to take personality test. if you passed that then you were sent to corporate. Corporate could mean a number of different locations around the country

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in April 2015.

Interview

Long and lengthy process with situation bast questions. Need to answer a lot of technical and situation questions. The answers need to be with the actual what happened then when did you do to make things right and what was the outcome of all the action taken.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a problem with a guest   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Interview

Met with HR - discussed my past experiences and the details of the role. HR proceeded with my application. However, the line manager was not interested in shortlisting my candidacy. I emailed HR 2 weeks after our meeting and received a prompt response informing me that I will not be moving forward with the selection rounds, which is good to know as it's important to let candidates know of their application status.