Marriott International Interview Questions in Miami, FL | Glassdoor

Updated May 2, 2017

2.1

Bellman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Miami, FL).

Interview

The process consisted of interviewing with 3 managers, 2 directors, and the GM of the Hotel. It was a fairly relaxed interview process. But, they only have you interview with staff that has a lot of tenure at the Hotel. In reality, the JW Marriott Marquis in Miami has a ridiculously high turnover rate. Don't believe what they tell you during the process. There are important things left out, and other misleading things that you are told to make the job sound more enticing.

When I'm interviewed, I always try to gauge the company's workplace environment by asking questions myself. I asked a Director who had been there many years if they were "happy". The spoken answer was "yes", but body language was a resounding "no". I had an uneasy feeling from the beginning, but needed a job and felt that because of the brand of the hotel, that there was a high potential for earning. Not true at all.

Furthermore, It is a bit silly that you have to fill out a paper application after giving them your resume AND filling out an online application which is automatically submitted through ADP.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to work for this particular Hotel?   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International (Miami, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

really official. use the same old and boring question
    they won't use the specific question to select the candidate they want, they just want to fill out the paper. what's more, I think the people who working in the hotel has more opportunity to get the open job than the people outside the hotel.

Interview Questions

• how do you handle multiple work?
      what's your biggest weakness?
      Answer Question
    • the most important thing I want to mention. I applied the job online, two weeks later, they always tell me,"we cannot move your candidate position any more......." what's that problem? they even don't see me!!!!!!   Answer Question

Bellman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International (Miami, FL).

Interview

The hiring process was quick and a breeze for me. I'm just good at talking. I was asked a series of questions on how you would go about certain situations involving customers / guests. The questions were easy but think about what you're gonna say before saying it. They could be tricky, as there are different ways of handling situations, many of which are wrong.
    I had a second interview, and that was with the GM. He just wanted to meet me first before I got hired. That was a surprise and I was trembling inside but I got through it easily.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest situation you had to deal with at your previous job and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Miami, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

interview was very easy it took too long to get hire about 1 month I had interview with the director of food and beverage and the next day with HR manager then they ran my background and after that they called me,

Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott International (Miami, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

As every interview goes, you show up and they make you wait for them to come get you. I sat in a conference room with one of the managers. She had an interview packet and asked me questions from there and wrote down everything I said. She thanked me and sent me back to the front desk. There I was told to wait again where later they told me I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you encountered at your last job and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marriott International (Miami, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

Very courteous interviewer. The interview style was open-ended questions and more conversational. Even during the interview you get excited about the company. I would definitely recommend this establishment to anyone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult subject you needed to address to your boss and how did you go about doing that? What were the end results and what did you learn from that experience?   Answer Question

At Your Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Miami, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

You will be interviewed by three managers who will ask you typical customer service questions. Please ensure to appear formally dressed and well groomed to your interview. Also, research the company and its values in order to be better prepare.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time with a difficult customers / guest and how did you handle it.   1 Answer

Reservation Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott International (Miami, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

Talk to a manager , sat with an employee to listen calls, manager comes back ask if your able to answer the calls say yes your hired! Wait about a week till u meet up with everyone who is hired for the next training class which is about three weeks training

Front Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marriott International (Miami, FL) in February 2012.

Interview

Very simple, applied online received a phone call. Was asked to come in for an interview the following day. I was interviewed by three people: assistant manager, manager and director.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you gave exceptional customer service experience?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Miami, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

Laid back interview. A lot of situation questions - how did you handle this that and the third? Tell me about a situation where..?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you implemented a new program?   1 Answer