Marriott International Night Auditor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 10, 2017

2.2

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Night Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

A breeze; but this was years ago. I was interviewed by the general manager and the front desk manager. They were very nice. I stayed with the company for several years. One of the manager's assumed I was looking for a short gig and was not going to hire me. I was still working there years after he and other employees left the organization.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Marriott International

Night Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

Quick interview, around 30 minutes. Pre interview shown the premises and introduced to employees and had a quick chat. Then proceeded to a two person interview with direct supervisor. Position was fully explained, as well as salary.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience that will useful for this position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott International (Newark, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview lasted about 20 mins. Two People interviewed me they were both nice. Being a female applying for the job I think she seemed surprised I would want the over night shift. I believe I was over qualified. And I'm sure they thought the same but I applied because I wanted to work in a company where I can grow. When I asked if there was any growth potential they replied yes, that most people in managerial positions started as night auditors. So that was good to hear.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott International (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview process was easy and the interviewee's made me feel comfortable. I applied to Marriott with the help of a friend who I used as a referral. Called Marriott the same day as soon as I was done applying. Hotel had just opened and were looking to hire many people for the summer. When I called I left a voicemail for HR saying that I had recently applied. Got a call back later the same day and spoke to the hiring manager. Answered a few basic screening questions for the job to make sure I met the minimum requirements for the position i.e.(are you open to these hours etc.) Passed the screening questions and was scheduled for an interview 2 days later. Came in for the interview and waited in the lobby for about 15 minutes and was introduced to my hiring manager. Manager took me on a quick tour of the hotel before conducting the interview. Another hiring manager joined and I was interviewed by both. Had basic questions which ill cover in the next section. Long Story short the Interview went great but I was actually declined the job that I had applied for. With that being said I was actually offered a different position instead where the hiring managers felt I would do a even better job. So I was declined the position and offered a different one instead. I accepted the job offer and started my orientation the following Monday. All in all the interview process was amazingly easy not the interview itself. The interview was somewhat easy. The managers made me feel really comfortable. A lot of the questions had to deal with remembering certain times that you found yourself in a certain position and how you were able to deal with it or find a solution to a problem. What is going to help you succeed in getting a position for ANY company will be to (have a referral(not needed but strongly recommended), a great resume, be absolutely open to all possibilities(don't limit yourself...for example if you cant work a certain amount of hours for the position you applied don't be surprised if the position is offered to someone else), letters of recommendations(strongly recommended), a POSITIVE attitude!, and most important of all be yourself and smile! Talk to the interviewers don't talk AT them. Just be yourself is all I can say. It's all bout the VIBE you give.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to help someone, Name a time when you found yourself in a difficult situation and how you helped yourself and stay in control.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott International (Chandler, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

It was very casual. Asked a few questions about prior work experience. But that's it. It wasn't a difficult interview at all. But definitely ask for higher than starting pay. Because they won't give you any significant raise.

Interview Questions

• Where else have you worked?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Durham, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

I had to wait 20 minutes before being interviewed and the business wasn't even busy. I applied for one position but was convinced to apply for another position. I was very confused after leaving the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had an issue with a guest. How did you handle it.   Answer Question

They couldn't give me definite answers as to when I start training. It was very messy.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott International (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with the operations supervisor, then operations manager, and lastly interviewed with the general manager. They asked questions and stated what would be expected of me if offered an opportunity. All in all the interview took about 45 minutes and it was very easy (although I did prepare) with standard questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult guest or situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marriott International (Tysons Corner, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. I was asked about past experience and cash handling.They asked me how I handled difficult guests and how it was resolved. What would I do in an emergency situation.The interviewer was the assistant manager and room ops I think was his title. Experience is definitely important to help out with interview questions. Make sure to let them know how much you want to work for Marriott, and are interested in growing with the company.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a time when your were very busy, and by yourself?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Deadwood, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Deadwood, SD) in January 2015.

Interview

I met with the General Manager first then the assistant manager. I was told they like my resume but would like me to move to slot tech after 3 to 6 weeks. Never happened. The assistant manager said I would be full time and would get a review and pay raise after 90 days, 6 mo and one year the first two have not happened only get 32 hours a week this is their "full Time"!

Interview Questions

• if I had experience i had none that was fine they would train. What was my worst best customer relations experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott International (Cleveland, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by someone from the front desk and set up an interview. He didn't ask any questions, he just made the appointment. They were doing flash interviews--about 15 minutes--of several people, and we were interviewed in the lobby within earshot of the other candidates. A little awkward to have your competition listening in, but I understand that this was simply due to the size of the location. I was told they still had three more days of interviews and that there wouldn't be a decision for a while.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to tell them about myself & give them some background, and then it was all STAR questions ("Name a time when...").   Answer Question