Marriott International Regional Sales Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marriott International Regional Sales Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Marriott International

3.5

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

STAR Interview. Have solid examples of how you can do the job well. Be a good story teller. Great examples of teamwork, goal setting, negotiating, meeting goals, etc... You will have an interview with recruiter, then 2 sets of interviews if you pass the initial interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Don't try. Leaders fight to maximize your salary.

Other Interview Reviews for Marriott International

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Interview

In order to get started with Marriott, you will go through a third party company, Hewitt. Interview is around S.T.A.R. process. Examples, examples, examples!

Negotiation

Not applicable.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (San Francisco, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

I initially did not make it through the first resume review since I had no hospitality experience, even though I had been recruited by someone in the company. They cleared up the issues with Hewitt, and an initial phone interview with Hewitt was scheduled quickly via email. The interview was very quick and painless, and was followed up a couple days later by a request for an in person interview at the regional sales office. That was scheduled and was a 2-on-1 interview with the two interviewers tag teaming questions. They were both very nice and easy going, and the interview was straightforward. Marriott does a STAR format interview with much personal experience requested and how and why reactions were for each given scenario.

Interview Questions

• Luckily, I was prepared for the STAR interview process that Marriott does, as the person who recruited me helped prep me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation phase was truncated, they did not have room to negotiate and I had minimal leverage due to no experience in the field.