Marriott International Reservations Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marriott International Reservations Agent Interview Questions

Interviews at Marriott International

2.5

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott International (San Antonio, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

You apply online, take an online assessment, get an offer for a phone interview, get an offer for an in-person interview, observe someone working, fill in a survey to find out if you would be fit, then get an offer for the position. I think you also have to do a drug test, but I can't remember.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with multi-tasking in stressful situations?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Marriott International

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (San Antonio, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Detailed work history with 2 years minimum experience required. After passing the personality test that accompanies the resume information, you will be invited to a group interview with other possible employees.

Interview Questions

• How would hiring you benefit our company?
      If you were to sell us something, what would it be and how would you convince us to buy it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott International (Miami, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

Talk to a manager , sat with an employee to listen calls, manager comes back ask if your able to answer the calls say yes your hired! Wait about a week till u meet up with everyone who is hired for the next training class which is about three weeks training

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott International (San Antonio, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Spoke with a manager about goals and how to overcome sales objections. Also, talked about attendance and changing shifts every 8 weeks. You have to participate in a bid to try and receive the shift you want. And there are many people ahead of you so you don't always receive the shift you want. Most shifts are in the evenings until 1:00 am back to back calls.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International (Solon, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

Marriott uses Targeted Behavioral
    Analysis Questions they will ask you about a specific situation, how you handled it , and what was the result. Their interview process is straight forward if you remember the STAR technique.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a diffucult Customer? what made it didficult and how did you handle that situation? Was was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when your personal schesule conflicted with your work schedule? How did you deal with that? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Reservations Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

I emailed back and forth with the HR rep a few times going over my schedule and when I would be available to come in for an interview. They were EXTREMELY accommodating with finding a time that worked for me. I went in for my interview and was seen by the girl I was emailing with. She asked a bunch of questions about my past experiences and why I want to work for the company. She then told me she wanted me to talk with the general manager of the hotel so I went to his office. He asked similar questions. I then went and talked with the head of the front desk. He was super relaxed and tried to ask questions he thought I wouldn't have already been asked. The entire process of being interviewed by the three of them took maybe a little over an hour. I got the call I got the job about 4-5 hours after I interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • What are your customer service experiences?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult client and how did you handle/resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott International (Miami, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

As every interview goes, you show up and they make you wait for them to come get you. I sat in a conference room with one of the managers. She had an interview packet and asked me questions from there and wrote down everything I said. She thanked me and sent me back to the front desk. There I was told to wait again where later they told me I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you encountered at your last job and how did you resolve it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott International (San Antonio, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied for the position online. Two days later I received a call from a recruiter who did a brief interview over the phone, tell me about your last job, availaility, etc. Nothing too difficult.
    She scheduled me for a face to face interview for the following week. Upon arriving, the interviewer had me sit with a current reservations rep and listen to her phone calls to see if that was something I would be interested in doing then we would proceed with the interview.
    The interview itself took about an hour. The recruiter was very nice and friendly and easy to talk to. She went over each of my jobs and then wanted me to into a little more detail about my responsibilities there. There were a lot of "tell me about a time" questions, like 7 or 8 of them. In the end she thanked me for my time and said they would be making their decisions and returning calls by the end of the week. I received a phone call the next day in which they offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult coworker or supervisor. How did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The starting wage was stated in the job posting. Its what everyone starts at.

Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Solon, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

It was fairly simple. Three questions and they do call your references. Waiting for a call back was tedious. You get hands on at the beginning. And them they take you on a one on one. The guy was nice and made things comfortable. He kinda snared the questions for me.

Interview Questions

• A time specifically I had a hard problem and how did I handle it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marriott International (Solon, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online Friday morning and received a message from a recruiter that same night requesting I call back to discuss the position. I called back the next day, recruiter explained the position and asked if I was still interested. This particular reservation clerk position is intended to eventually be a work from home position. Must be very flexible with scheduling. My interview is scheduled for Tuesday. Training is scheduled to start that following Thursday, so I'm assuming if I qualify, they will offer me the job the same day. Looking forward to the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a