Marriott International Sales Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marriott International Sales Coordinator Interview Questions

2.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

The process took less than a week. Was contacted by phone by Director of Sales. Short 5 minute "get to know you" phone interview, then scheduled a next-day in-person interview. Interviewed with Director of Sales, then the General Manager directly after (same day). Was offered position 2 business days later.

Interview Questions

• What are your 3 best strengths?   Answer Question
  • Describe your perfect work day.   Answer Question
  • Why are you a good fit for this role and our company?   Answer Question
  • What areas of this job do you think you would need improving or extra training on.   Answer Question
  • What types of hotel software or sales software do you have experience with?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. They told me what the hourly range was during the interview, and they came in with a strong offer based on experience. It's an entry-level Sales role. I wouldn't recommend negotiating unless you have extensive experience to back it up.

Other Interview Reviews for Marriott International

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Houston, TX).

Interview

Phone interview, 3 separate interviews. First was 2 days after the phone interview and conducted by the Director of Sales, 2nd was 2 weeks later with the General Manager and 5 days later was the Regional Sales Manager. They made their decided 1 week later. The interview questions were very basic, a few scenario based but personality played a big part on the flow.

Low pay

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Kansas City, MO) in May 2010.

Interview

Phone interview with General Manager and then in person meeting with GM and an Area Sales Manager. We discussed my sales background and it was helpful that I already knew the computer system. They are looking for professionalism and the ability to communicate and provide quality customer service.

Interview Questions

• They do ask situational based questions, so be prepared to talk about specific sales experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They are very clear on the budget for the position-- no negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott International (Bakersfield, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

Did a quick phone interview then had a panel interview with three GMs a week later.its been three weeks and no response

Interview Questions

• name a time you failed and how did you react   1 Answer

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online where had to answer basic situational questions in the online process. Three interviews followed in person with HR then with the direct sales team and director of sales. The interviews aren't difficult just be prepared to speak from your experience in the meeting.
    Also be yourself show your flexible and adaptable.

Interview Questions

• The questions are all situational and require answers using the STAR system. Situation, Task, Action, and Result. Just prepare your situational answers from your past along these guidelines.   1 Answer