Marriott International Interview Questions in Salt Lake City, UT | Glassdoor

Marriott International Interview Questions in Salt Lake City, UT

2.7

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process is based off behavioral questions. You need to be specific. State the task, the action you took, and the final results. This is very important to advance into the next interview. Everyone was very friendly in the office and the culture and benefits really sold me. Marriott takes pride in their employees. You may not make a lot of money your first couple years but there is always room for advancement and opportunity to grow in the company!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you broke confidentiality?   1 Answer

Hotel Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott International (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2014.

Interview

Referral from a friend at the local Convention & Visitors Bureau. I called and emailed the Director of Sales who emailed me back and set up the interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly explained my previous employment history and why I want to be in sales. Have a good answer.   1 Answer

Looking for a position with higher pay.

Banquet Captain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott International (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2011.

Interview

First interviewed my Banquet Manager and Food and Beverage Manager. Then a few days later the Hotel Manager wanted meet with me. I described what I loved about my internship at a hotel a couple of years before and what I had learned and then my management experience working for Mcdonalds for a time. The Hotel Manager did most of the talking and I think wanted to make sure that I was driven and would be committed to working for a high standard.

Interview Questions

• What kind of events had I set up before? What was my management experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation. I was young and this was my first experience in this kind of position.