Marriott International Interview Questions in Tucson, AZ | Glassdoor

2.8

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

I applied internally and was asked to interview a few days later. They follow the STAR method of interviewing. My future boss asked for a specific situation and wanting to know how I resolved it. I had worked at the resort for a few years by now so I used that experience in my interview. Giving examples of helping customers/clients is a plus.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation?   1 Answer

Night Auditor, Front Desk Agent, Manager On Duty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott International (Tucson, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

Brief but thorough. Sensed a commitment to guest service. Grounds and facility were well kept and clean. Manager on duty was unhurried and attentive during the interview despite occasional distractions. Very professional.

Interview Questions

• How much do you practice great hospitality and what does it mean to you?   Answer Question

Pool Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Tucson, AZ) in September 2014.

Interview

Easy, little room, a scribe, a hiring manager, sat me down, asked about 15 questions, connected with them, asked questions to them, done. called back 2 weeks later and asked if I wanted to accept the job.

Interview Questions

• What was my attitude towards a problem at home while I was at work.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy, accepted then I scheduled my drug test, and done.

Banquet Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International (Tucson, AZ) in October 2013.

Interview

the process was fairly easy it was not laid back somewhat relaxed and very professionait seems to take a long time but considering Tucson they were getting ready for the busy time of the year winter is our busy time as we have plenty of snow birds to come enjoy wintersl

Interview Questions

• what is your experience what makes you want to work for the Marriott   Answer Question

Assistant Manager of Restaurant and Lounge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Tucson, AZ) in February 2012.

Interview

Step 1 go to website and click on careers
    Step 2 Complete the online application, then the questionnaire
    Step 3 pray you correctly answered and were consistent with the repetitive questionaire.
    Step 4 You get the interview
    Step 5 very important, make sure you know about the company, there brand if applicable.
    Step 6 first interview, go in confidant but not cocky. Make sure you are smiling, making eye contact, listening, and your responses are to the point .

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Tucson, AZ) in January 2012.

Interview

simple less than average interview. Met with GM and answered a few questions. Took a tour of the property. Was greeted all staff on duty and was told thanks for coming in and to wait for a follow up phone call. I got the call the same day and started a training a few days later. Current interviews are with front office manager. Expect 2-3 days a week of 8 hour shifts- perfect for students who dont mind working weekends.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marriott International (Tucson, AZ) in October 2011.

Interview

I went through three different interviews

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott International (Tucson, AZ) in August 2008.

Interview

My first contact with the company was a phone call asking for me to come in for an interview. two days after the phone call I was in the office with the front desk manager and his assitant. The both introduced themselves and broke the ice alittle bit. The generic questions had began. "Why do you want to work here? What are your strengths? How would you rate your reliability? What does team work mean to you? Give an example of a situation that you and a co-worker didn't get along? How was it resolved it resolved at all? Was there a time you disagreed with upper management?" etc..etc...

After about 40 minutes the interview was done, they took me down to HR to get a drug test paperwork. After that was established I already knew I was hired being that the company wouldn't pay for a drug test if they had no interest in me. Sure enough 3 days or so (after the drug test results) Marriott called and confirmed my employment! :)

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to deal with an outraged guests.   1 Answer
    • How do you see yourself growing in this company?   1 Answer