Marriott International Voyage Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marriott International Voyage Program Interview Questions

Interviews at Marriott International

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Provo, UT) in February 2013.

Interview

I submitted an application online and was accepted for a first interview at my university. The process went smoothly. Afterwards, I took an online assessment. I was to hear back within two weeks. Three weeks later, I sent an email inquiring as to my status in the process. They responded and apologized, apparently they had forgotten about me. I was relieved when I finally did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of where you provided excellent customer service.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Marriott International

Voyage Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International in August 2017.

Interview

There were multiple steps to the interview process. The first was a phone interview followed by a survey/questionarre with personality type related questions and also job related skills. This was the final step I participated in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Voyage Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

Interviewed two times while I college, did not receive a second interview. Took a summer off after college, reapplied for Voyage program, received a second interview. In which flown to a location, and stayed within a Marriott. All travel expenses taken care of. Being the only college graduate, That I was aware of, surrounded by college students that weren't hit with the reality of "real life". And various colleges/universities, with all different types of aspirations with Marriott, Sales, Accounting Finance, Events, etc. However, interacted with numerous GM's AGM's, kitchen supervisors, events managers, HR for various Marriott Brands. A mixer was thrown, live band, catered, where candidates (about 300) were able to meet and greet with Marriott heads. At this point in the interview process, you are aiming to not impress the recruiter, but Marriott personnel. The people at the mixer were in turn those to interview the following morning. The interviewers were strategically assigned to interview you based off you questionare, "poistion, location, and brand preferences". The first question asked was if I was familiar with the STAR interview method. Marriott follows this method religiously. "Situation, task, action, results" Interview questions entailed..."Tell me about yourself, A time where you were not able to complete an assignment or project, A time where you did not agree with a decision" and about three other questions.

Interview Questions

• Definitely " Tell me about a time you were not able to complete a project" utilizing STAR method to answer such question.   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Ames, IA) in February 2015.

Interview

They were at our career fair, so I got an interview for the following day. Interview questions were pretty easy, just situational questions. That night I was asked to fill out a personal test, and then it would be about 2 weeks till I found out if I was invited to a networking dinner with an interview following that, which they then would offer a position or not.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had an experience where you had to work as a team but could not complete the task?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Baltimore, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview itself was fine. The questions were simple and predictable, and the interviewer was kind and professional. That is the only good thing I have to say about the process. I was flown down to Baltimore to interview for a job I was told was available. After all is said and done, I get a call a couple weeks later telling me there never was a job in the area I was applying to work in. I am offered a random operations job instead, which is completely unrelated to the job I applied for. In addition to that, Marriott served unchecked and unlimited quantities of alcohol to applicants under 21. This was the worst interview process I have ever had the displeasure of enduring.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were unable to meet a deadline. What did you do?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

First interfere was at my school during career fair, received a email that I was invited to the final interview in Atlanta. Final interview wasn't so bad was able to meet some amazing people such as management from all over. Interview process start the second you walk in. First day is the meet and greet finished with lectures and networking event. Next day is the final interview you are interviews by two people using the STAR method. You will get a call within a couple of days letting you know if you get a offer or not.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a angry customer?   Answer Question

Voyage Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

Applied through university and had an on campus interview. Later was invited to the second round at an airport hotel with all the finalists from the region. The second interview was a panel with 2 Marriott executives. I didn't get the department I applied for but I'd take what I was offered.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There's none.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Fort Collins, CO) in September 2017.

Interview

I initially applied online and was emailed saying I had been chosen for an interview. I interviewed with the rep on campus and then was sent an online behavioral/situational questionnaire to fill out.
    I heard that day whether or not I was accepted to the final interview event in Dallas, Texas.

Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Marriott International (Grapevine, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

First applied online, and took questionnaire. After that round, you have an interview with HR, and then finally the last round is in Texas with everyone else from around the country. Very friendly staff, and it was a 2 on 1 formal interview. called you in a room with many other applicants. It seemed like they really wanted you succeed!

Interview Questions

• Name a time that a deadline was not reached. What did you do?

Tell us a time when you were on a team with someone who did not contribute. What happened? How did you solve the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (San Diego, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Interview process was lengthy and unprofessional. The phone screening lady was nice. The representative who interviewed me in my area did not call on the day she said she would. Then she told me about the process and that I would go to a meet and greet that was across the country in a week. I just had to do the personality quiz and skype video recording interview. After the video recording interview, I did not hear anything, followed by a rejection e-mail two days later. I think this is a poor program. Nothing like feeling excited to get let down with no explanation as to why.