Marriott Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marriott Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.6

College Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott.

Interview

I applied online and then went to an info session at my school. Everyone at the info session got an interview. They asked a lot of STAR behavior questions and why you chose Marriott.

Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marriott.

Interview

The process took less than a week. Was contacted by phone by Director of Sales. Short 5 minute "get to know you" phone interview, then scheduled a next-day in-person interview. Interviewed with Director of Sales, then the General Manager directly after (same day). Was offered position 2 business days later.

Interview Questions

• What are your 3 best strengths?   Answer Question
    • Describe your perfect work day.   Answer Question
    • Why are you a good fit for this role and our company?   Answer Question
    • What areas of this job do you think you would need improving or extra training on.   Answer Question
    • What types of hotel software or sales software do you have experience with?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. They told me what the hourly range was during the interview, and they came in with a strong offer based on experience. It's an entry-level Sales role. I wouldn't recommend negotiating unless you have extensive experience to back it up.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marriott (Bethesda, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

I was initially contacted by departmental HR because of previous work I'd done with the division. They recommended that I apply for a new position being offered. After electronically submitting my application I was then contacted by Marriott's recruitment team who set up a screening phone interview where they asked me basic situational STAR questions from past work experiences and why I would be an ideal candidate for this position. I then had an in-person interview with the position's hiring manager. Even though I was all but given the job offer during the interview, there was some lag time with the recruiter getting back to me with an offer. I had to follow up with the hiring manager, who was told that the hold up was because of lagging reference replies.

Interview Questions

• Recruiter Screening: Why would I be an ideal candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Night Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marriott.

Interview

Quick interview, around 30 minutes. Pre interview shown the premises and introduced to employees and had a quick chat. Then proceeded to a two person interview with direct supervisor. Position was fully explained, as well as salary.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience that will useful for this position.   Answer Question

Voyager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Marriott.

Interview

There 2 stages of interviewing, one at my college and then a final interview with all those who qualified. This year it was at the Gaylord Texan. They flew us down and booked our rooms and we all interviewed on the second day there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed.   1 Answer

maintenance engineer III Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott.

Interview

I applied online through the company website, I got a phone call from the General Manager about 2 days later. I met with her a few days after that. I got the grand tour of the hotel I would be working in, a very through description of the position and a review of my qualifications for the position. My whole process was about 2 hrs long.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would feel if offered the position, working as a supervisor for someone who had been working for the establishment for many years and knew more about the procedures than someone new.   1 Answer

Bar and Banquet Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott (New York, NY).

Interview

They ask us to "describe situation in which _________" and we had to explain a real situation, the actions we took, and the result of our actions. That was pretty much it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you built a positive customer relationship?   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott (Richmond, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application and was called the next day. I wasn't expecting the recruiter to give me an over the phone interview that instance, had I known I would have prepared for it. Luckily, the questions were pretty basic and I feel like I did well. After that I had to complete the assessment

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to deal with an irate customer   Answer Question

Housekeeping Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Napa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott (Napa, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was very casual as I was interviewed in the lobby of the hotel. The interview questions were standard and can be answered with careful preparation. Why do you want to work here? Tell me about your previous work experience...

Interview Questions

• What skills/qualifications do you possess to do this job?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Went in for housekeeping with housekeep executive and was told my personality would better fit front desk. Went in 2 days later interview with Assitant general manager and a 1 week later another interview with general manager. Very easy and common sense i just got nervous with the GM he didn't ask good questions...idk if i got the job yet. Waiting.

Interview Questions

• What things would you do to make an upset guest happy from the start   1 Answer