Marriott Housekeeper Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 7, 2017

2.1

Housekeeping Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Napa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott (Napa, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was very casual as I was interviewed in the lobby of the hotel. The interview questions were standard and can be answered with careful preparation. Why do you want to work here? Tell me about your previous work experience...

Interview Questions

• What skills/qualifications do you possess to do this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marriott (Brookfield, WI).

Interview

First day of Aaron interview you then they have the supervisor interview then they have the manager interview you and if you get the job they walk you around and give you a tour

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at this hotel   3 Answers

Housekeeping Aide PM Shift Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott (Toledo, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online to the company and I received a call for an interview within a week. They asked me some questions over the phone pertaining to the hours I was available. I was asked to come in the next day for a face to face interview with the Assistant Manager which was pretty basic. I was then asked to come in the next day for a second interview with the General Manager for a drug test and to sign a release for my driving record. They have a van that is used to pick up guests from the airport so the position requires that you have a valid license and clean driving history.

Interview Questions

• Can you work swing shifts? 2 nights (10:30-6:30) and 2 days (8:00-4:00)?   1 Answer
    • What is your greatest accomplishment?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in your past where you were put in a hectic situation, how you handled it, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online process took 1week got a phone interview first then she schedule me for an in person interview the next week went there interview with the recruiter first that went well then he passed my app to the general manager interview with him went well he offed me a job I accept it

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went about an beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

It's was and over with then ten minutes.I honestly can't express it in fifty words of more.I believe that they were looking for someone perfect. I'm who I am not a slave to OR for no company.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marriott (Newark, NJ).

Interview

The interview process was easy. There were three separate interviews and three seperate interviewers. They do not let you know how many interviews you have to go through up front.Its hard to tell who is management and everyones job title at this company because no one introduced themselves with their job tittle. Word of advice... managers do not wear name tags.

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marriott (Eugene, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

Very long interview with a lot of repeat questions. Was offered the job, said yes, filled everything out. Waiting for a call saying my start date, week went by no answer. I tried calling multiple times but they avoided my calls. Incredibly unprofessional. I wouldn't recommend applying. It was embarrassing telling everyone I was hired and had a job only to have this company blow me off with no explanation.

Housekeeping Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marriott.

Interview

It is a STAR interview, interviewers ask pre-determined questions, based on Situation Task Action Result. Most times all you need is a pulse. The hiring process really depends on the manager, I have seen them do job fairs and hire the first person in the door for a position and send everyone else away.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a pulse? Can you read and write?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ridgeland, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott (Ridgeland, MS) in July 2016.

Interview

I had an interview, With town place suites it took a week to take my drug test and then another week to hear from e sreen about my drug test which i didn't past but which they told me that hadn't been clean long enough but i am now and ready to start again I've been clean for a month and two weeks now

Interview Questions

• What makes u qualified for the position and if i could perform the job   1 Answer

Negotiation

They liked my resume and thst i had a lot of experience to get the job done

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marriott (Tampa, FL).

Interview

The interview process was quick you get if you passed the first interview you have 2 more interviews to do with an assistant manager as well as the general manager they don't drug test they do background checks

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a hotel environment   1 Answer