Marriott Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 26, 2016

2.6

Recreation Entertainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

3 week process; Online application and length personality assessment (answer these questions to the extreme or you will not pass) which takes 30 minutes to an hour to complete; called in for an interview after a week; went in for a mass-interview (~300 people) to meet with individually with a team of two recreation managers for a soft-skills interview; immediately approved to go into hard skills interview (performance) with panel of 5 employees which was taped and then sent off to corporate for approval; heard back about receiving job after 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you went above and beyond the call of duty to get a job done.   Answer Question

Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

I submitted an application online, I was contacted within a week or two, we set up a Skype interview, we did the interview at the schedule time, and I was offered the position within a couple days. The entire process was very quick, easy, and painless. I was told to come prepared with examples of when I had done more than the standard requirements regarding guest interaction; I prepared just so, and the interview did not venture much further than those questions and the normal get-to-know-you questions every interviewer should be asking to assess your personality. To anyone considering working in this position or in hospitality in general, be a people person. Everything in this industry requires good customer service skills and a personable personality.

Interview Questions

• What are a couple examples of when you were proactive and exceeded guests' expectations to make their experience personalized and brilliant?   Answer Question

Front Desk - Buttes Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marriott (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

Met with a guy and later his manager(?), she expressed that she wear many "hats". But the oddest things were that she referred to the front desk employees as "the kids", and to the Manager as, "papa" . . .

No thank you

Voyager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

Interviewed on campus. Then after this, I was invited to an interview for the western region where there were 150 of us applicants. They flew us into Arizona and we had the opportunity to meet and talk with all of the applicants, HR managers, and GMs.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a disagreement with your boss and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview with this job was the longest interview I've had for any job. There was lots of laughter and jokes . The manager who hired me was really nice to me during the interview. We sat in one of the corners of the restaurant and one of the servers had brought me a water bottle. My interview was in the morning and not many guests were there so it was pretty quiet.

Interview Questions

• How well I worked with others and what kind of person I thought I was.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered job right away.

Associate Director of Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Marriott (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

Apply on school career link, then receive campus interview. two interviewers basic behavior questions: why you choose Marriott, describe your hardest teamwork, how you help others in teamwork, strength and weakness of yourself. and complete online test...

Interview Questions

• no unexpected question, all of them are behavior questions, and most are teamwork experience.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2011.

Interview

Hiring manger or supervisor ask you generic S.T.A.R questions. Situation/Task Action and Result. They specifically want you to use situations/tasks that are relatable to the position that you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work under a stressful situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2011.

Interview

extremely long, lots of detailed questions about last career, this was years ago, I'm not sure why glass door is making me do this. I feel like I"m in college again trying to write the required word amount for an essay

Interview Questions

• typical interview questions, interview was almost 2 hours. I don't have more details that I would like to write here   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2009.

Interview

Hiring process will start with applying online. Marriott utilizes a third party company to screen applicants and works with the Hiring Managers onsite to identify potential candidates.
    Initial contact is made to applicant for purposes of conducting a phone screen. This is a prelim.interview. If candidate meets the requirements and seems to be a fit, they will then be brought onsite for a face to face interview. Depending on the position, there may be several interviews throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Here are few questions:

1) Tell me about a time when you had a problem, but there was no manager around to consult? How did you feel? What did you do? What was the result?

2) Have you been in situations where policy told you to do one thing but the customer wanted something else? How did you feel? What did you did do? What were the results?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Very strict on the offer, not much room for negotiation.