Marriott Vacations Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.7

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kapolei, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Kapolei, HI) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was great, the hiring manager was very insightful! Although they mentioned whether or not the position was offered they would reply back with the results for candidacy. Comming up on day 2 and not a word, hoping for the best still.

Interview Questions

• How did i overcome a hectic situation in a former workplace situation?   Answer Question

Outbound Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (New York, NY).

Interview

Complete an Online app. You may need to complete 2 In person interviews with 2 different members of management. Also possible you may be required to role play a call. But it's simple.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail a time you provided excellent customer service... In detail   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward. Initial interview was on the phone with a recruiter and follow-up was at the site with sales manager. The offer came the day after the second interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked several specific sales related questions based on previous experience.   Answer Question

Front Desk Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hilton Head Island, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Hilton Head Island, SC) in October 2016.

Interview

Sit down in one of the guest villas to see the property. Interview was fairly informal. Not many questions, more of a conversation about the job and work experience. Overall it was almost a little too informal. STAR questions were asked but only 3. (STAR is Situation Task Action and Resolution questions where you describe the situation, the task that was needed, the action you took and the resolution that followed.)

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Newport Beach, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Initial on line web application. But then there is a video section which places you in certain situations. From those situation, they provide you with possible answers as to how you might answer. You have to choose the one that most likely and least likely match your answer. Then if you are accepted, you have a 60 min telephone interview. From there you would receive a 2-3 panel interview.

Interview Questions

• They use a STAR technique to ask questions. So they may ask, "Tell me about a time that you had to tell someone no". Tell us the Situation, the Task, the Action, and the Result.   1 Answer

Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I met with a very nice gentlemen who had emailed me off another site and wondered if I'd like to come in for an interview. I never turn down a request like that. However, we quickly discovered that the job role he was looking to fill (Time Share Sales Agent) was not for me. No harm done.

Interview Questions

• What do your sales numbers look like?   1 Answer

The job was not what I was looking for

Vacation Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Orlando, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Did the tasks that were required online (general phone skills where you had to choose what statement you would reply to the customer with.) HR called about a week and a half later to come in for interview. Went to office and was interviewed by manager (STAR INTERVIEW QUESTIONS.) Was told I would be called to set up my training schedule by the end of the week. All in all the process took about three weeks. I wasn't even sure I was hired (manager implied it but didn't outright say you're hired) until the HR lady called me for training.

Interview Questions

• Why Marriott?

Describe a time where you had to deal with a hectic workplace.
      Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an email the next day about setting up an interview. The interview was very relaxed the GM was extremely nice. The interview was pretty quick they asked three main question. Then the rest of the interview the gm was telling me about the company. By far one of the most relaxed interviews I've done.

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you had to come up with a solution to a difficult situation?   Answer Question

SPA Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Orlando, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Originally submitted an application, but didn't hear back for a few weeks. Phone interview and two formal ones, followed by drug testing. Everyone I spoke to was friendly and loved where they worked.

Interview Questions

• A lot of "Describe a time where you..."

For example:
      -dealt with group conflict
      -really felt rewarded
      -made a decision you're proud of
      Answer Question

Loss Prevention Interview

Interview

Two weeks after submitting an application a recruiter contacted me about setting up a phone interview. A week later we had the typical situational interview questions. After 30 minutes the recruiter made a verbal offer to me for the internship.