Marriott Vacations Worldwide Guest Services/Front Desk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marriott Vacations Worldwide Guest Services/Front Desk Interview Questions

2.4

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Orlando, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

Relaxed and cordial. More focused on getting a feel for your personality and intelligence rather than getting the "right" answers. They won't interview you unless they feel like you're qualified so worry less about that and more about being yourself.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Marriott Vacations Worldwide

Guest Services/Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide.

Interview

Group setting interview. Was nervous at first, but they all made me feel very comfortable. To be quite honest, I still can't fathom how kind they were. Through them, it shows me that Marriot does highly care about their employees, because it shows in their positive attitudes.

Interview Questions

• Have you had to deal with a disgruntled employee, boss. Or if you hadn't, what would you do in that situation. That was hard to answer because I had worked in a very horrible work environment before and didn't want to lie and say "everything has always been fine and dandy".   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palm Desert, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Palm Desert, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied online and a little more than a week later I received a call on a Friday to come in Monday morning for an interview. During my interview I first met with the Assistant Front Office Manager and she asked me questions about situations that I had occured during my work history. For example, "Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond to satisfy a customer" or "Tell me about a time when you were overwhelmed with work that need to get done and you had to ask for help"

Then I met with the Front Office Manager and we briefly chatted for about 5 minutes. He took a brief look at my application and conversed with me about my work history. I was told to expect a call within a week for a 3rd interview with another Assistant Manager. A few hours later I received a call to scedule my 3rd interview 2 days later. When I went for my 3rd interview I met with the Assistant Manager and we talked for about 10 minutes. She asked me why I wanted to work for the Marriott and mostly asked if I had any questions she could answer. She informed me that they had other applicants to interview throughout the week and I should expect to hear back in about 5 days.

A few hours later I received a call from the Front Office Manager telling me that they had decided to move forward with hiring me!

Any advice to future applicants would be to assure that company that this a long-term career that you are looking to go into. My major is Hospitality Management and and I told them that I hope to grow within the company. Overall, I'm very pleased with the interview process. Management was polite, prompt, and made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you became frustrated with a co-worker and what did you do to overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

This is an hourly pay job that starts at $11.00/hour. The starting pay isn't really up for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2011.

Interview

interviewer was our ex student....He came and interviewed.

Interview Questions

• why you want to join front office?   1 Answer
    • this you can do in railway station too..then y front office??   1 Answer

Guest Services/Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide.

Interview

Easy, they check for your personality if you get along well with people and they check for a great sence of humor. On the spot questions that you won't expect. They also check what makes you tik, and see how short your leash is.

Interview Questions

• What would make you angry and how would you deal with it?   1 Answer

Guest Services/Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide in June 2012.

Interview

1 to 1 interview 6 pages of questions related to your ex experience and job tasks and skills and how you be interacting with guests and so unexpected questions

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you had to complete a complicated task in a limited time   Answer Question
    • what makes you the better candidate for the position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

an interview on the phone 3 days later i make an interview with the assistant resort manager and the front office manager, as i have a long experience and speaking 4 diff languages just 3 hours after the interview the position was offered to me

Guest Services/Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide in February 2009.

Interview

Interview was a joke...interviewer read off a list of questions from a list. Very impersonal and it seemed as though she was just going throught the motions with no intention of hiring me.