Marriott Vacations Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marriott Vacations Worldwide Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Lahaina, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Lahaina, HI) in September 2011.

Interview

Very lengthy application process followed up by initial phone interview. After meeting prescreening qualifications, met with with 4 manager panel for most intensive interview ever experienced. I was offered the job the next day and my start date was set for 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Discuss one of your greatest challenges and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Negotiation

To get hired was the greatest accomplishment here. It was a very intense hiring process and I was thrilled to get the job.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide.

Interview

Finally got a call about a month after I applied. After phone/email tag for about 2 weeks, got a phone interview. I thought it went well but a few days later got an automated email from their career site saying basically they're not interested. Rumor has it, they won't hire unless you have timeshare sales experience and I only have other sales experience so maybe that's it. Anyway if you're new to timeshare, I wouldn't waste your time applying here.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have met your sales goals and what you did to get there.   Answer Question
    • Why Marriott?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went above as beyond for a guest.   Answer Question
    • How much do you want to make and how much do you make currently?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your best vacation and make me want to go there.   Answer Question

Corporate Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Orlando, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone screen - F2F interview - other interviews. Potential background check, etc...Drive to Corporate Office - meet with a number of hiring leaders, etc.. Meet at reception for interview..

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you uncovered a financial mistake that made an impact on your business.   Answer Question

Cook/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marco Island, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Marco Island, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

It is a star interview. Can be confusing to say the least. It consists of asking you a question see how you feel about the question how you resolved your answer to the question and what would you do differently now.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you did a job and it didn't turn out the way you expected?   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hilton Head Island, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Hilton Head Island, SC).

Interview

It was a three-round process. I applied online, which involved a large application and a 75-question personality test. I received a phone call about two weeks later and had a 30 minute phone interview with the Marketing Manager. He wanted me to come in the office a week later to meet the assistant to the Director of Marketing and interview with him. After that, I had a third round interview with the Director of Marketing. I received a non-formal verbal offer on the spot pending drug tests and background checks.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to use short-cycle sales.

What are we selling?   Answer Question

Director of Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (London, England (UK)) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview was based on past experiences. Situation, Task, Action and Result. Each question had to be addressed in this manner. With a beginning, middle and end. Interview would not go on until the full details were given.

Accounting/Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Lakeland, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

The application process was long. There was a 75 question test including a lot of comprehensive questions. The interview process was a panel interview. The questions were not standard questions. There were a lot of comprehensive and behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me a situation when you were gave a suggestion to change something within your company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Thomas, VI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Saint Thomas, VI) in January 2010.

Interview

You answer an add for the position by calling the HR department. Go through a basic interview too see if you can be passed on to the next step. You have to take a sales aptitude test on-line now as the second step of the process. Then depending how you scored (no one ever See's this number..... EVER? So don't ask, it's private? Then you go in for a panel interview with sales management too see if you pass this hurdle? If they are interested you will get a phone call with offering the job and where to report for orientation.

Interview Questions

• How important are vacations to you and your family?   1 Answer

Vacation Planning Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2010.

Interview

STAR interview - situation task action result. Be detailed on specific situations, focus on positive customer service situations. Tell them how you helped the customer. First you get to apply online and take a ridiculous personality test that will probably keep you from even getting a call. Answer these questions with mostly 1's and 5's, don't put more than $15 per hour as your desired wage. Also don't put school schedule desired. If you get a call you'll get a short pre interview from hr, then a long difficult one from a manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation or person you've dealt with?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Front Desk Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Park City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Park City, UT).

Interview

Position was posted on school e-recruting website. Besides submitting a resume online, it is also required that applicants apply online at marriott.com/careers. Applicants will be contacted via email for an interview time. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. Bring multiple copies of resume as there were three individuals in my interview.

Interview Questions

• All questions in the interview follow the STAR (situation, task, action, result) interview guide. Questions following this model included: tell us a time you were in a leadership position, faced a problem, and how did you resolve that problem?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wages are not negotiable.