Marriott Vacations Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.7

Front Desk Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Orlando, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

The first part of the application process is a non human process. All applications are submitted electronically. The system looks for certain key items in each application to let go through or be politely declined. As for the one on one personal interview. Marriott Vacation club goes through a stand grading matrix and pre-selected questions. Many are the same through each interview. There are two to three levels of interviews. Theres the phone interview (optional), the one on one interview with a supervisor or manager of the department, then their director or direct line of authority. Near the end of the hiring process, there is a mandatory background and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time, where you personally had a difficult situation and had to ask others for help.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide.

Interview

lengthy phone screening, in-person interview with hiring manager and select ppl from the team. Was hired after 3 interactions.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever woken up in the middle of the night and thought about an answer to a problem you were facing? Tell me about it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

entry level job, not much negotiating room

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide.

Interview

Phone call from a recruiter that walked me through some computer exams and administrative tasks. Interviewed with sales managers and senior sales manager came in to say hello. Offer a few days later and off to training in Florida.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a way you fought through an objection and got the sale/contract.   1 Answer

Loss Prevention Interview

Interview

Two weeks after submitting an application a recruiter contacted me about setting up a phone interview. A week later we had the typical situational interview questions. After 30 minutes the recruiter made a verbal offer to me for the internship.

Guest Services/Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide.

Interview

Easy, they check for your personality if you get along well with people and they check for a great sence of humor. On the spot questions that you won't expect. They also check what makes you tik, and see how short your leash is.

Interview Questions

• What would make you angry and how would you deal with it?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide.

Interview

Did not participate in an interview as I was recruited by a former manager that I had worked with at competing company. After accepting the job offer, I underwent a background check and a drug test which took a total of 3 days. After that, I set a start date to begin work.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to this position that will increase our department revenue?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is was no room for negotiations. The annual salary was fixed.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singer Island, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Singer Island, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

Sit with manager, next step is to meet Director of Sales. Hired or not.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating - 100% commission

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Lakeland, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Received phone call from hiring manager. Interviewed 3 days later. First interviewed with Hiring Managers colleague. Then interviewed with hiring manager.

Very simple process. Tell me about a time.. blah blah blah. Was also asked to walk through resume. Both employees were very pleasant and it was a nice overall experience.

Vacation Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide.

Interview

Applied initially for reservationist and got rejected. Then applied for inbound vacation planner; next day was called and asked if I wanted outbound or inbound that outbound started right away inbound was about 3 more weeks. Same day went in for interview and was offered job.

Interview Questions

• Had to read a scripted card on the phone.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation want more make more sales or change positions.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Thomas, VI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Saint Thomas, VI) in May 2012.

Interview

Group interview at first then one on one. Great set up awesome training team if you want a great job on island dress to impress, be on timed, have a stateside like approach. you deal will a lot of change, and guests are high end so be able to answer questions accordingly. you must be outgoing for this position

Interview Questions

• How would you act in xyz aituation   1 Answer