Marriott Vacations Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marriott Vacations Worldwide Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide.

Interview

The application process involves an online application, as well as an assessment test to evaluate your customer service ability. The interview consists of about 5 questions about your experience handling customer issues/complaints

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you encountered a customer issue/complaint and how you managed that complaint   Answer Question

Sales Gallery Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (San Diego, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of a 3-step process. I first had a phone interview with my current manager of the Sales Department. Followed by this first step I was asked to come into the hotel to attend an in person interview. The last step of this process was actually one more in person interview. I would say the entire process consisted of a two week time span.

Interview Questions

• Detailed questions concerning customer service skills.   Answer Question

Activities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Newport Beach, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the job portal and was called in for a single interview with the manager and the director of the activities department. We met at the hotel site I was going to be working at and they held a very simple interview where they went through my resume and asked about my experiences.

Loss Prevention Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Myrtle Beach, SC) in March 2017.

Interview

2 - 3 days after submitting an application, I got an email from the Loss Prevention Manager asking me to come in for an interview. The interview was professional, but very laid back and easy going. I was told that I would hear something by Monday if I didn't hear anything Saturday. That Saturday, I emailed the Manager asking how the process was going and how much I enjoyed the opportunity to speak with her as well as how comfortable I was during the interview. She emailed me back offering me the job and asked that I call her so she could do it over the phone. I went through the normal process of background checks and drug screening the following week and started a day earlier than they projected.

Front Desk Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Myrtle Beach, SC).

Interview

There was a series of three interviews in the hiring process. I was interviewed by higher positioned managers who wanted to make sure that the person was the right fit for the job and their culture.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Marriott?   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide.

Interview

Finally got a call about a month after I applied. After phone/email tag for about 2 weeks, got a phone interview. I thought it went well but a few days later got an automated email from their career site saying basically they're not interested. Rumor has it, they won't hire unless you have timeshare sales experience and I only have other sales experience so maybe that's it. Anyway if you're new to timeshare, I wouldn't waste your time applying here.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have met your sales goals and what you did to get there.   Answer Question
    • Why Marriott?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went above as beyond for a guest.   Answer Question
    • How much do you want to make and how much do you make currently?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your best vacation and make me want to go there.   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kapolei, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Kapolei, HI) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was great, the hiring manager was very insightful! Although they mentioned whether or not the position was offered they would reply back with the results for candidacy. Comming up on day 2 and not a word, hoping for the best still.

Interview Questions

• How did i overcome a hectic situation in a former workplace situation?   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Málaga (Spain)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Málaga (Spain)).

Interview

They inflate the earning potential and do not tell you tours are assigned unfairly.The whole process is disorganized. They provide an excellent training experience but when you actually begin working you realize there is only opportunity for a few selected individuals. They do not value employees based on knowledge and skill but rather on the whim of the team leaders and management. You depend solely on them to allow you to tour the quality tours and these are always assigned to the same sales executives.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle "DOWN TIME" in low season when there is marginal earning potential?   Answer Question

Rooms Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process is STAR. S-specific example, T- Task, A- action R-result. The interviewing manager will require you to be as specific as you can. They are very professional and will engage in the interview. They should great interest in what you have to say. The support is there right from the beginning.

Interview Questions

• Give a specific example of a time where you went above and beyond you job description   1 Answer

Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2013.

Interview

I met with two of the Front Desk Managers and they asked five scenario questions and asked me to "tell a time when you" questions. I immediately got a call 15 minutes after asking to return to meet with the Front Office Manager. I met with him three days later. I got a call the next day from one of the Front Desk Managers offering me the position. I started work the following week.

Interview Questions

• Tell a time when you had to chose between doing your job or helping another associate that asked for assistance.   Answer Question