Marriott Vacations Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 4, 2017

2.7

Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I met with a very nice gentlemen who had emailed me off another site and wondered if I'd like to come in for an interview. I never turn down a request like that. However, we quickly discovered that the job role he was looking to fill (Time Share Sales Agent) was not for me. No harm done.

Interview Questions

• What do your sales numbers look like?   1 Answer

The job was not what I was looking for

Sales Gallery Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (San Diego, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of a 3-step process. I first had a phone interview with my current manager of the Sales Department. Followed by this first step I was asked to come into the hotel to attend an in person interview. The last step of this process was actually one more in person interview. I would say the entire process consisted of a two week time span.

Vacation Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Orlando, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Did the tasks that were required online (general phone skills where you had to choose what statement you would reply to the customer with.) HR called about a week and a half later to come in for interview. Went to office and was interviewed by manager (STAR INTERVIEW QUESTIONS.) Was told I would be called to set up my training schedule by the end of the week. All in all the process took about three weeks. I wasn't even sure I was hired (manager implied it but didn't outright say you're hired) until the HR lady called me for training.

Interview Questions

• Why Marriott?

Describe a time where you had to deal with a hectic workplace.   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an email the next day about setting up an interview. The interview was very relaxed the GM was extremely nice. The interview was pretty quick they asked three main question. Then the rest of the interview the gm was telling me about the company. By far one of the most relaxed interviews I've done.

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you had to come up with a solution to a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Activities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Newport Beach, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the job portal and was called in for a single interview with the manager and the director of the activities department. We met at the hotel site I was going to be working at and they held a very simple interview where they went through my resume and asked about my experiences.

SPA Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Orlando, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Originally submitted an application, but didn't hear back for a few weeks. Phone interview and two formal ones, followed by drug testing. Everyone I spoke to was friendly and loved where they worked.

Interview Questions

• A lot of "Describe a time where you..."

For example:
      -dealt with group conflict
      -really felt rewarded
      -made a decision you're proud of   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Interview

Interview

Two weeks after submitting an application a recruiter contacted me about setting up a phone interview. A week later we had the typical situational interview questions. After 30 minutes the recruiter made a verbal offer to me for the internship.

Activities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Coast, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Newport Coast, CA).

Interview

Two ladies showed me a tour of the facility and then sat me down in the room. Having previous Hotel experience would definitely help. (I only had warehouse experience, so this probably hurt my chances). I gave them specific examples about how well I work with kids. They also asked how I prepare a schedule and I told them I like organization and writing things down. They really liked my responses. After the interview, I asked them what the next step is and they said they would call me in one week. I ended up getting an email confirmation 4 hours later that said, "we're sorry but we're moving on to other candidates". This part frustrated me a lot, it was kind of like taking candy from a baby. That's my only problem with Marriott, is that when they tell you something in person about the next step of the interview process, don't believe them. You'll know very soon if you get denied. (Probably the day of, like I did, or within the next day or two). I think what killed my chances was having no experience working in hospitality. So my recommendation for all of you people interviewing at Marriott is try to get hospitality experience to help your chances. :-). Good luck!

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hilton Head Island, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Hilton Head Island, SC).

Interview

It was a three-round process. I applied online, which involved a large application and a 75-question personality test. I received a phone call about two weeks later and had a 30 minute phone interview with the Marketing Manager. He wanted me to come in the office a week later to meet the assistant to the Director of Marketing and interview with him. After that, I had a third round interview with the Director of Marketing. I received a non-formal verbal offer on the spot pending drug tests and background checks.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to use short-cycle sales.

What are we selling?   Answer Question

Vacation Planning Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Really relaxed interview. Ordinary questions about situations you've been in, how you overcame a problem, time when you had to communicate to get a task finished. They also asked about your previous jobs, and they also asked a time when you had to try convincing someone.