Marriott Vacations Worldwide Sales Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 27, 2017

3.1

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide.

Interview

Finally got a call about a month after I applied. After phone/email tag for about 2 weeks, got a phone interview. I thought it went well but a few days later got an automated email from their career site saying basically they're not interested. Rumor has it, they won't hire unless you have timeshare sales experience and I only have other sales experience so maybe that's it. Anyway if you're new to timeshare, I wouldn't waste your time applying here.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have met your sales goals and what you did to get there.   Answer Question
  • Why Marriott?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you went above as beyond for a guest.   Answer Question
  • How much do you want to make and how much do you make currently?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about your best vacation and make me want to go there.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Marriott Vacations Worldwide

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward. Initial interview was on the phone with a recruiter and follow-up was at the site with sales manager. The offer came the day after the second interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked several specific sales related questions based on previous experience.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide.

Interview

Phone call from a recruiter that walked me through some computer exams and administrative tasks. Interviewed with sales managers and senior sales manager came in to say hello. Offer a few days later and off to training in Florida.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a way you fought through an objection and got the sale/contract.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Orlando, FL).

Interview

long but good

Anonymous Employee in Singer Island, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Singer Island, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

Sit with manager, next step is to meet Director of Sales. Hired or not.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating - 100% commission

Anonymous Employee in Newport Coast, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Newport Coast, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Meet with the two or three incompetent sales managers. If your a hot girl you will be begged to work there. If your a man just be yourself and do not brag.

Anonymous Employee in Lahaina, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Lahaina, HI) in September 2011.

Interview

Very lengthy application process followed up by initial phone interview. After meeting prescreening qualifications, met with with 4 manager panel for most intensive interview ever experienced. I was offered the job the next day and my start date was set for 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Discuss one of your greatest challenges and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Negotiation

To get hired was the greatest accomplishment here. It was a very intense hiring process and I was thrilled to get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Thomas, VI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Saint Thomas, VI) in January 2010.

Interview

You answer an add for the position by calling the HR department. Go through a basic interview too see if you can be passed on to the next step. You have to take a sales aptitude test on-line now as the second step of the process. Then depending how you scored (no one ever See's this number..... EVER? So don't ask, it's private? Then you go in for a panel interview with sales management too see if you pass this hurdle? If they are interested you will get a phone call with offering the job and where to report for orientation.

Interview Questions

• How important are vacations to you and your family?   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Málaga (Spain)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide (Málaga (Spain)).

Interview

They inflate the earning potential and do not tell you tours are assigned unfairly.The whole process is disorganized. They provide an excellent training experience but when you actually begin working you realize there is only opportunity for a few selected individuals. They do not value employees based on knowledge and skill but rather on the whim of the team leaders and management. You depend solely on them to allow you to tour the quality tours and these are always assigned to the same sales executives.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle "DOWN TIME" in low season when there is marginal earning potential?   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacations Worldwide in May 2009.

Interview

Great company, I actually transferred from the Ritz. They called me in and I did a Gallup Poll. I answered like I thought a "sales person" would. Strongly agree or disagree. A few weeks and I got the interview. 4 managers--2 hours. Lots of rapid fire questions, then more personality ones. Have I ever sold before? (no) Why would I succeed in this career?

Everyone was very friendly, staff and team were all very pleasant. Now that I work their, I take about 2 months off per year and still make six-figures.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will succeed in sales?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. You get an hourly wage and you are on a 100% draw. If you sell you get paid. If not...well I am the last one left from my training class from a few years ago.