Mars Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mars Director Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mars (Portland, OR).

Interview

I had phone call with internal contact. They talked to hiring managers. I was then brought onsite for a panel interview of 3 people who would be one level down from the position I was interview for. I also had 1:1 with person who would be a peer. I was then brought back to have a 1:1 with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had lead change in the face of opposition from senior level stakeholders. What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered, I counter offered, they countered back, we settled, I accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for Mars

Director Interview

Interview

Mars uses situational interview questions for all levels of the organizations. These are "tell me about a time..." questions that dig into what you did in a real example. Remember to use Situation, Action and Results to answer the questions. They are al panels of 2-3 interviewer that rotate asking the questions.

Anonymous Employee in Hackettstown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mars (Hackettstown, NJ) in October 2010.

Interview

The first interview was a phone screen with an HR peson consisting of your basic interview question, ie leadership style, accomplishments, goals, objectives. It also consisted of a detailed discussion of Mars unique . The 2nd interview was also a phone interview but with the hiring manager. It was about 1.5 hours and went deep into functional experience, accomplishments. I was immediately told that I would be invited to come in for a formal interview. In the interim, they had asked me to execute an online personality survey.

It took about a month to schedule the in-house interview. It consisted of 2 - 2 people panel including HR, the hiring manager, and 2 peers. I would say it was relatively easy overall. The individuals spent alot of time talking about the Mars culture and making sure I was a good fit.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage a difficult individual who would be disappointed that they didn't get the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Increased based salary.